• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Daryl Williams

Pantherxtreme

13 hours ago, stbugs said:

Dude has been a RT his entire career and Moton played better against the Patriots starters and Dallas DL at LT last year. Also, WTF can't we see what the announcers see and give him some help? Isn't Manhertz supposed to be an unbelievable blocker? You know when the announcers repeat multiple times that he needs help that he in fact needs help.

Thank goodness we selected Greg Little at 37. Normally, players picked at 37 aren't meant to contribute at all so Daryl's our guy all year. Woo hoo. We sure did improve the left side of our OL.

Because our coaches are not good. Bryon Leftwich outcoached the great offensive mind of Norv Turner. Bruce Aries easily outcoached Ron Rivera. Our defense is literally getting run over. Can consistently misses open receivers and so on and so on. The brightest constant spot on the team has been Sly.

Just now, PantherPhann89 said:

Because our coaches are not good. Bryon Leftwich outcoached the great offensive mind of Norv Turner. Bruce Aries easily outcoached Ron Rivera. Our defense is literally getting run over. Can consistently misses open receivers and so on and so on. The brightest constant spot on the team has been Sly.

Byron outcoached Ron.

Bowles outcoached Norv.

6 minutes ago, Seoul_Panther said:

I believe RR has a proven track record of continuing to start badly performing players at LT. I think he and MH have Moton locked in at RT and see Williams as a stopgap to leave in FA once Little has red-shirted.

Even if a new GM and HC come in are they going to cut the cord on a 2nd rounder that we traded up for before he's even started? Can you justify picking a LT with a high first rounder the year after you picked one with a high second rounder? I know that happens with new GMs purging former picks but you have to give Little a chance to show hes bad before you can cut him.

Sure. If the new coach thinks he is a LG, he plays there. If they don't like him they can trade or cut him. They don't have to have any loyalty to his capital if there is no pressure from the GM or Owner. If you don't think you can sit a 2nd rounder, look at Butler. He is here but not even active. It's plausible. I agree with giving him a chance but as you said, he looks to have been brought in to red shirt and I said he isn't ready yet (opinion), maybe he is this year and maybe not. Another loss or two and I am down for playing him and seeing what he has so we can make that decision in the off season. Let me be clear, I don't think he is anything good but I can absolutely be wrong. That's why he needs reps this year, I would rather see what we have with him and make some film at the least. Williams is not the answer at LT. 

3 minutes ago, Waldo said:

Sure. If the new coach thinks he is a LG, he plays there. If they don't like him they can trade or cut him. They don't have to have any loyalty to his capital if there is no pressure from the GM or Owner. If you don't think you can sit a 2nd rounder, look at Butler. He is here but not even active. It's plausible. I agree with giving him a chance but as you said, he looks to have been brought in to red shirt and I said he isn't ready yet (opinion), maybe he is this year and maybe not. Another loss or two and I am down for playing him and seeing what he has so we can make that decision in the off season. Let me be clear, I don't think he is anything good but I can absolutely be wrong. That's why he needs reps this year, I would rather see what we have with him and make some film at the least. Williams is not the answer at LT. 

I think we're basically agreeing with each other, although perhaps we have different opinions on Little. Regarding the Butler comparison-the fact that hes still here after 4 years seems to justify my point. That even if you feel they aren't the answer you have to let them show they're bad. When we took Little I felt like he was one of those measurable guys who we felt could be coached up. I would be more concerned than anything if they moved him inside. He is said to not have much dog in him and I don't think you want a lump at guard who has no nasty. For me then you aren't playing to any of his skillsets.

So to summarise- i would like to see Moton at LT if we want to win this season, but i don't see it happening. I would like to see Little play-but not if hes not ready. That would be unfair. Too many people here are looking for an excuse to get rid of him and upgrade before he has played a regular season snap.

6 minutes ago, Seoul_Panther said:

I think we're basically agreeing with each other, although perhaps we have different opinions on Little. Regarding the Butler comparison-the fact that hes still here after 4 years seems to justify my point. That even if you feel they aren't the answer you have to let them show they're bad. When we took Little I felt like he was one of those measurable guys who we felt could be coached up. I would be more concerned than anything if they moved him inside. He is said to not have much dog in him and I don't think you want a lump at guard who has no nasty. For me then you aren't playing to any of his skillsets.

So to summarise- i would like to see Moton at LT if we want to win this season, but i don't see it happening. I would like to see Little play-but not if hes not ready. That would be unfair. Too many people here are looking for an excuse to get rid of him and upgrade before he has played a regular season snap.

I may not like Little but t I agree he needs to get some reps regardless. We need more than just a preseason look at him.  It amazes me we haven't done the same with Butler. Just freaking play him and prove what he is and then deal with reality instead of avoiding it. Instead he hangs out and just stays inactive. What kind of strategy is that? Play them both and while we are at it, maybe play another HB for a couple of snaps.

I want to see Moton this season too, I don't want another offseason of speculation when we could prove it one way or another, and agree it probably won't happen. Williams isn't doing well and Little should get a shot too. If anyone of these guys can't step up then we should look at other options in the offseason. Till then, it's audition time. 

2 minutes ago, TheSpecialJuan said:

Not Daryl's fault, blame the coaching staff for playing him at LT. Everyone knows that he's not agile enough for that position,

The Patriots are brilliant because they don't ask their players to do things they cannot do.  They put them in position to succeed. 

Asking Daryl to play LT was a huge mistake. 

All true just add that we also asked him to do it after blowing out his knee. Ugh

12 minutes ago, Seoul_Panther said:

Unfortunately it's likely based on track record that RR and MH see it differently than us.

Oh yeah. 2 more like the last two and it's getting closer to do something else, anything. Ron's presser stated we were going to give William's help so it's not happening yet and I would expect nothing less from Ron. He is consistent in that way...

Archived