• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

WR/TE

ellis

Cam's biggest asset in the long passing game wasn't his arm, but his legs. The constant threat of his mobility kept safeties from playing deep, allowing better opportunities downfield.

He's no threat whatsoever to move now and the coverages reflect that. Couple that with ability to push the ball downfield, but not rifle it and toss in shaky accuracy and it's just not going to play out well. 

He's also not reading the field well, further exacerbating the situation. Did we mention statue in the pocket and being collision averse?

It's a sad day. The dude was Superman.

Cam was terrible tonite.  It's not a good look for a guy who just hasn't been the same since 2015.  This was supposed to be the year Cam was "right".  He still doesn't look like it.  48% completion overall, 5 of 13 on third down is not the kind of play that wins games.

This isn't on the WR's either.  Or the TE's.  We had open players, Cam simply failed to put the ball in their hands with any sort of consistency.

We have quality weapons that Cam is missing too damned much, and Norv is dis-missing too damned much. 

Rivera says it's not the injury, but I don't know that I believe him. 

If you can't trust your players to make plays, so much so that you have to get fuging cute on the goal line, then someone needs to rethink some things. 

I keep saying this isn't Panthers football, but it's sure becoming the damned norm. This team has no swagger! It's just a matter of time before some of the players start turning on each other. Mark my words! 

34 year old Greg Olsen was the Panthers leading receiver.

There are many issues holding this offense back. But one fact I think Panthers fans need to start facing is maybe Samuel and Moore just aren't that good. At least not yet. They are still developing, they're still very raw.

Whoever the QB will be for the Panthers in the next year or two, I think we should dispense with hyping up receivers until they actually start catching touchdowns in the regular season.

1 minute ago, TheRed said:

There are many issues holding this offense back. But one fact I think Panthers fans need to start facing is maybe Samuel and Moore just aren't that good. At least not yet. They are still developing, they're still very raw.

Whoever the QB will be for the Panthers in the next year or two, I think we should dispense with hyping up receivers until they actually start catching touchdowns in the regular season.

Samuel and Moore were consistently open last night. Either the oline failed to give Cam time or Cam missed. 

4 minutes ago, TheRed said:

Take off the Cam colored glasses man. He and the line played like crap last night. Cam didn't play well last week either. 

I'm still not panicking but if things don't improve then some conversations need to be had internally. 

8 minutes ago, TheRumGone said:

Samuel and Moore were consistently open last night. Either the oline failed to give Cam time or Cam missed. 

3 minutes ago, Cracka McNasty said:

Take off the Cam colored glasses man. He and the line played like crap last night. Cam didn't play well last week either. 

I'm still not panicking but if things don't improve then some conversations need to be had internally. 

Seemed like the only time they were getting thrown to downfield was along the sideline covered well on low percentage plays that the Bucs were well prepared for and expecting. We had no answer.

As much as it's on the QB to obviously get the ball in their hands, we should have done a better job with the scheme/playcalling. Those struggles were capped off with a baffling call on 4th and 1 for the game.

One thing I need to point out is the oline was so bad last night that even when Cam was given time, he couldn’t find rhythm. Cam is a rhythm player. It’s pretty obvious Cam is tired of this same poo year after year. I place blame more on an oline that makes a qb not trust them then a QB who has not looked this bad pre shoulder in a very long time. 

It would not shock me if Cam doesn’t want to play for this team anymore or decides to retire. 

33 minutes ago, TheRed said:

Seemed like the only time they were getting thrown to downfield was along the sideline covered well on low percentage plays that the Bucs were well prepared for and expecting. We had no answer.

As much as it's on the QB to obviously get the ball in their hands, we should have done a better job with the scheme/playcalling. Those struggles were capped off with a baffling call on 4th and 1 for the game.

The receivers were beating the defenders regularly, Cam was not delivery accurate balls. Hell Samuel beat his guy deep on at LEAST 3 plays but cam was only able to connect on 1 and it was underthrown. The receivers were all running great routes all night, Cam just couldn't hit them, or he didn't have time to attempt to hit them. 

This loss is equal parts Cam, equal parts offensive line. 

Archived