• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

"Calm down, It was just the Cardinals"

Jeremy Igo

1 hour ago, Jeremy Igo said:

True.

But good teams thump bad teams, even on the road. The Panthers thumped the Cardinals good yesterday. It wasn't a nail biter.

That there was a solid victory all around. Gives me hope.

AND, the final score is not indicative of how badly we could have beaten them if we hadn't decided to milk the clock and play defense for virtually the entire fourth quarter.

1 minute ago, Jeremy Igo said:

Yes, and the Panthers beat them badly. 

How often do we do that to bad football teams?

This season mirrors the 2012 season in a few ways.  One of our early dominating victories was against a weak Vikings team, if I recall correctly.  The narrative quickly became (as it should have) that good teams beat the dog poo out of bad teams.  

1 hour ago, Jeremy Igo said:

Its like I am taking crazy pills. People were more excited about a last second field goal win at home against a horrible giants team last year.

Known quantity vs unknown...

We still don't really know how good Allen is. He could turn out to be Tom Brady or he could turn out to be Matt Flynn. Either way, we won't truly know for a while.

And yeah, there's agendas. You've got people who want Newton to fail and people who want Allen to fail. That's sad, but it's reality.

Personally, I just want to watch my team win.

3 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

Known quantity vs unknown...

We still don't really know how good Allen is. He could turn out to be Tom Brady or he could turn out to be Matt Flynn. Either way, we won't truly know for a while.

And yeah, there's agendas. You've got people who want Newton to fail and people who want Allen to fail. That's sad, but it's reality.

Personally, I just want to watch my team win.

Here Here. I want the Panthers to win more than I want any player to succeed. I love Cam, but Allen was amazing yesterday. It’s all about who gives the team a better chance to win. For now, it’s without a doubt Kyle Allen.

22 minutes ago, Actionman0z said:

I know 2 things. 

1. IT was good to see the ball placed where it should be placed (in tight windows and in stride), and 2.  It was good to not feel like I need to poo my pants during the game. fug, I'll just take a WIN. A MOTHER fuging WIN! 

Right.  How enjoyable was it to see balls in which the receivers could catch it in stride.  Makes all the difference.  

Archived