• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Pretty Much as I Expected for Allen.

332nd

A little better than I expected actually.

24/34, 232 yards no TDs. 3 lost fumbles.

While the first strip sack was on him, the next two were due to the crappy o-line play. So he came back down to earth but didn't crash, & the D got us another win. 

Flashes of brilliance (along with the flashes of wtf) against a much better defense that AZ gives a lot of hope for the future.

Having said that, hopefully all of the people crowing about how Allen had to play behind the same o-line & under the same coaches last week see that we weren't making excuses for Can so much as we were voicing valid concerns. (I mean not making the re-kick? The fug?)

1 minute ago, 332nd said:

A little better than I expected actually.

24/34, 232 yards no TDs. 3 lost fumbles.

While the first strip sack was on him, the next two were due to the crappy o-line play. So he came back down to earth but didn't crash, & the D got us another win. 

Flashes of brilliance (along with the flashes of wtf) against a much better defense that AZ gives a lot of hope for the future.

Having said that, hopefully all of the people crowing about how Allen had to play behind the same o-line & under the same coaches last week see that we weren't making excuses for Can so much as we were voicing valid concerns. (I mean not making the re-kick? The fug?)

I wish I can pie this again because it is spot on my friend!

4 minutes ago, LegioX said:

Allen was 70% on his throws. Thats damn good.

The only reason I didn't say he did a lot better than I expected is he had a fair number of "rookie" moments. Not being aware of what's happening in the pocket, trying to force some plays, nothing that won't get ironed out with experience.

The only big "WTF were you thinking!?!" moment was the -6 pass to CMC. Don't get that man hurt Lovey... We need him.

Archived