• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

2019-2020 Hurricanes Regular Season Thread

KillerKat

2 hours ago, cookinbrak said:

Great show last night, Mrzak back to his old self. Tonight is Whalers night. Almost bought a Svech Whalers jersey before Christmas.

We can get so streaky. Would be nice to finish our home stand with a win. So who do you guys think William's replaces?

On 1/11/2020 at 11:47 AM, TheMaulClaw said:

So who do you guys think William's replaces?

I think they may go with one less D and move Hayden Fleury out to make room for JW. 

Good home stand at 5-2. Kings game was a nail-biter; lost some late face-offs and allowed for some loose pucks right in front of Reimer. Could have gone either way the entire game.

A loss to Columbus with 1:41 left in the game. Columbus had 6 shots on goal through 2 periods and won the fugging game 3-2. Gimme a break.

And Dougie Hamilton is confirmed to have broken his leg after awkwardly going down into the boards. His 1st all-star game and he'll be missing a lot more than that. Best D on the team and will likely miss the better part of the rest of the season. 

4 hours ago, Anybodyhome said:

A loss to Columbus with 1:41 left in the game. Columbus had 6 shots on goal through 2 periods and won the fugging game 3-2. Gimme a break.

And Dougie Hamilton is confirmed to have broken his leg after awkwardly going down into the boards. His 1st all-star game and he'll be missing a lot more than that. Best D on the team and will likely miss the better part of the rest of the season. 

Really really tough one. Dougie has been outstanding this year, ELITE both offensively and defensively. Next man up though, we have solid depth on D. Broken fibula shouldn’t keep him out much more than 6-8 weeks so he should be back for the stretch run. Just get in the playoffs.

On 1/8/2020 at 2:04 PM, kungfoodude said:

I've been saying all season that goalie play could sink us. Reimer was leaking like a goddamn sieve last night. I hated to give up a point them but at least we got the two. Need to finish this home stand strong. I would like to see a 20+ point January. 

I've had my concerns about goalie all year long. Very mediocre. Now Dougie is gone and our season is looking to be done.

17 hours ago, t96 said:

Really really tough one. Dougie has been outstanding this year, ELITE both offensively and defensively. Next man up though, we have solid depth on D. Broken fibula shouldn’t keep him out much more than 6-8 weeks so he should be back for the stretch run. Just get in the playoffs.

I wouldn't count on seeing him again this season. He's lucky it was a break and not tearing up a knee. 

1 hour ago, KillerKat said:

I've had my concerns about goalie all year long. Very mediocre. Now Dougie is gone and our season is looking to be done.

Yeah, Riemer and Mrazek just let up too many easy goals. Perhaps we can make a move sometime before the trade deadline to bolster our goaltending. We may need to replace Dougie too, so that complicates things.

2 minutes ago, kungfoodude said:

I wouldn't count on seeing him again this season. He's lucky it was a break and not tearing up a knee. 

Yeah, Riemer and Mrazek just let up too many easy goals. Perhaps we can make a move sometime before the trade deadline to bolster our goaltending. We may need to replace Dougie too, so that complicates things.

I wonder if getting Lehner from Chicago is possible.

Archived