• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

jarrett, martin, and barnidge getting their shot...

rayzor

per gantt's blog...

The Panthers haven't finished their practice in Arizona, but they have submitted their injury report to the league.

WR Muhsin Muhammad, FS Charles Godfrey and TE Dante Rosario are listed as out for the game. It's unclear at the moment whether they even got on the plane, as none of them even came out to practice this week.

That means Dwayne Jarrett will start at receiver, and rookie Sherrod Martin will likely fill in for Godfrey.

It's the first game for the Panthers Muhammad's missed since a concussion in 2003. He hasn't been the same player all season, struggling to get open.

we aren't supposed to be winning this game anyway, why not give these guys a chance and see what they got?

i'm looking forward to seeing these guys on the field. not sure what i'm expecting. i would just like to see them in a bigger role and see what they can do with it.

only thing missing....is a giving a QB a shot. Fox's feels he is forced to give these guys looks but I think even if the injured were healthy that reasons exist why that group should get a legitimate look.

Well, except for Rosario...he has proven he deserves to be a starter at TE.

This could officially be called the Wally Pipp game. Especially if Jake doesn't make it to half time. Hopefully he does, but if not, thanks for the memories.

Exactly. After Jake stinks it up (just being realistic), Moore comes in to rally us to a victory finding Jarrett in the back left of the endzone ala Ricky Proehl. Wally motherf***ing Pipp game in the second half.

this is actually great news.

no one's sold on Godfrey anyway, so maybe Martin has some skills...maybe he can show us why we drafted him so early!

we've all been excited to see barnidge in an expanded role, and last week was a glimpse of how brilliant he can be...

and Jarrett finally gets his shot to put up or shut up.

if nothing else on Sunday, we get a looksee at the future...

We should move Rosario to WR, Barnidge to an every down TE, and use King in 2 TE sets, goal line, 3rd/1, 4th/1 situations when there's a premium on blocking.

Holy s**t how is that I'm a random forum internet poster and I understand this more than our coaching staff.

You understand what? I agree with what you saying but to play devils advocate there is no way anyone of us can predict how things would happen in this O if they did that. Rosario doesn't have great speed, barnidge is unproven at blocking, and King is probably the best-all around TE on the roster.

its going to be a long day for martin..i know they are going to pick on him.

but maybe just maybe he'll pull a jerious byrd on them...

who knows... i'm holdin out hope. however unrealistic that hope may be, it's what keeps me watching the games and lovin them panthers, no matter how unlovable they may be this year.

Archived