• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

jarrett, martin, and barnidge getting their shot...

rayzor

this is actually great news.

no one's sold on Godfrey anyway, so maybe Martin has some skills...maybe he can show us why we drafted him so early!

we've all been excited to see barnidge in an expanded role, and last week was a glimpse of how brilliant he can be...

and Jarrett finally gets his shot to put up or shut up.

if nothing else on Sunday, we get a looksee at the future...

Sad but true. The only way young players will ever get a chance with a Fox coached team is if an injury occurs.

its going to be a long day for martin..i know they are going to pick on him.

Quoted for truth.

Also, what this tells me is that we may be conceding the season. I'm totally fine with that, but at some point, doesn't that mean that you have to see what you have at back-up quarterback?

Why "stick" with Jake, and plug in the future?

I thiink Barnidge is going to come in and do a good job this week. He is quick, has good hands, and frankly can catch even Jake's high balls. Jarrett and Moore will both gets shots. We will run alot though unless we get behind given that the staff was so criticized for abandoning the run early last time we played. I also wouldn't be surprised if Wesley plays at safety over Martin who still doesn't have a clue.

I'm actually excited about this. The past has shown that Fox doesn't recognize true talent on the team until they show it in games, so tomorrow is these guys chance. I'm excited.

Honestly, Godfrey played better the last few weeks, but he's still the weakest link on the defense so I'm anxious to see what Martin can do. Martin sounds confident playing safety as well, and seems to have a good idea of what he's looking at back there from what's he's said.

Barnidge has always impressed me, and he's been open quite a bit this season. He has the ability to stretch the field at his position and had Jake not overthrown him several times, he would have quite a few big gains. He has dropped some as well, but I want to see what he can do in an extended amount of PT.

Jarrett, well... We'll see.

Why would Martin get the nod over Teal? He's been in the system longer, and isn't bad at the position. He's not a world-beater by any means, but he's not bad either.

I would say because of the beginning of the season, when Chris Harris was out, they seen how much having Teal play both Special Teams and defense was harming the special teams.

I think they want to have a fresh guy out there, to give us a spark plug of some sort. Who knows?

Why would Martin get the nod over Teal? He's been in the system longer, and isn't bad at the position. He's not a world-beater by any means, but he's not bad either.
teal is bad. he's an even worse tackler than godfrey.

he should have been cut. had we not been so thin at safety and had they not wanted martin to be a CB, teal would have been.

I'm actually excited about this. The past has shown that Fox doesn't recognize true talent on the team until they show it in games, so tomorrow is these guys chance. I'm excited.

Honestly, Godfrey played better the last few weeks, but he's still the weakest link on the defense so I'm anxious to see what Martin can do. Martin sounds confident playing safety as well, and seems to have a good idea of what he's looking at back there from what's he's said.

Barnidge has always impressed me, and he's been open quite a bit this season. He has the ability to stretch the field at his position and had Jake not overthrown him several times, he would have quite a few big gains. He has dropped some as well, but I want to see what he can do in an extended amount of PT.

Jarrett, well... We'll see.

BUMP FOR QFT...

Told you guys so!!!

Start Martin, move Godfrey to corner... And no, I'm not drinking the KoolAid.

Archived