• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

A Ridiculous QB Question

davos

Carr's throwing mechanics are extremely flawed. He has a very long, exaggerated delivery and brings the ball way back past his head. It not only makes for poor passing but is more susceptible for fumbles and strips.

I remember coming into the 2007 season, everyone talked about his sidearm delivery and how it would lead to knocked down balls at the line of scrimmage. We designed roll-outs and dumpoffs for him. Worked pretty well without a legit running game.

Sadly, I think it would help us right now. Moving Pocket + Roll out to complement the running game. Additionally, Whatever happened to audibles at the line of scrimmage anyway? Remember when a QB looked at players who might blitz and would audible to another play or for diff. pass protect assignments?

I wonder how many quarterbacks in the history of the nfl have thrown 15 picks through the first 6 games and have kept their job? Hell even ryan leaf, the biggest draft bust of all time, managed to only throw 18 interceptions in his worse season. Delhomme is on pace for 40, second only to george blanda's '62 season. AND BLANDA COULD KICK!!!!

Good lord people need to stop with the whole "we shoulda kept this crappy player instead of this other crappy player" attitude and instead say, hey... shouldn't we have actually brought in a GOOD player.

thank you for adding common sense to this thread. David Carr sucked, pure and simple, the worst QB I have ever seen. He would not have improved if he sat on the bench, played behind a better line, had the backs we have now, etc. He's terrible. We are all so desperate for a good QB that it has clouded our reality.

Never should've cut Carr. He's better than Matt Moore, and the fact that he had a porous line, no time to recover from the beating he took in Houston coupled with the fact that he eventually got Jake-itis and lost his confidence due to underwhelming results and constant boos by the Panther faithful would be overshadowed by the fact that his arm is stronger, he's more mobile, and he had nice gloves.

I was feeling you on this until you got to the "nice gloves" part.

Archived