• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

4-0 But vs Who...

SetfreexX

First let me establish that I am very happy over all with the state of the season and how we have turned things around after a poor start. I try to remain open minded, and flexible with most things. However, we've seen this before from a lot of teams, ''the hot hand'' narrative. As it stands right now even with KK out this is the BEST defense we have fielded since 2013 & 2015, and offensively this is the best group since the 2013 season (12-4) I believe we also had a poor start to that season as well. 

I think the media has been very lazy in the ''hype'' build up, Kyle Allen has been good, but without the defensive performance versus HOU and CMC going nuclear vs JAX we'd be 2-4 because those two games Allen was facing two really good defenses. TB has good run defense, but their secondary much like Arizona's is full of holes as a unit, I'd imagine most casual and even some here would struggle to name a defensive back on those two teams ''not named'' Patrick Peterson who is currently suspended. 

ARI - 2-3-1 (0 wins when we met)

HOU - 4-2 (2-1 when we met)

JAX - 2-4 (2-2 when we met)

TB - 2-4 (2-3 prior to the game)

Combined - 10-13 record

This stretch of the schedule was exactly what we needed for a back up to have a chance at holding things down until Cam returns healthy (If at all possible), as big of a fan as I am you have to really take the ''if'' into consideration. We are coming up on our bye, and getting ready to face the current class in the NFC two of the next three games. The 49ers (5-0) and Green Bay (4-1) with the Titans (2-4) in between. 

Coming up that is a combined 11-5 record easily a much larger tell and test for not only Kyle if he plays but us as a team, BOTH the 49ers and Greenbay are impressive in the front seven, and each team has at least one all-pro caliber defensive back (Sherman on SF, Adrian Amos, and Jaire Alexander on GB). 

I have no idea when Cam is expected to return if at all, but the narrative, and campaigning for Kyle Allen to take over needs to have the brakes pumped, he's been good, but I would need to see more than the sample size we've had to date to even begin considering moving forward. 

I think any educated football fan would be aware that a healthy Cam, (and that is the BIGGEST question at the moment), is worlds above Kyle Allen. Let's hope that is the case we were able to put ourselves in a great position to have a shot at returning to the post-season, I hope our Quarterback is able to return to form, because the last time I saw a healthy Cam Newton, we were looking like one of the BEST teams in the NFL, and right now the surrounding cast is even better.  

1 minute ago, pantherclaw said:

You can only play the teams that are on your schedule please stop down playing our record. 

Stupidity.  

Not down playing, I'm addressing the A''en ''hype'' / move on from Cam people, I'm simply saying two of our next three games will be real measuring sticks for this team. I am very happy as I said with the 4-2 start, but I also have to be realistic as well. 

I've been behind every QB we've had Peete, Delhomme, Moore, hell even had hope for Pickles, down playing a record, vs being smart about it are two different things. I'm a Panthers fan first, but the hype is simply that hype. 

They're beating supposedly bad teams by a wide margin. They avenged the week two loss to the Bucs with an epic ass whooping in London. The defense is getting better every week and the offense has proven that it can still put points on the board when a team effectively neutralizes CMC. I don't know why anyone would want to temper their enthusiasm for something we have no impact on. We can either sit back and enjoy the ride, or obsess over things we have no control over. I realize there are all kinds of people, and some do get off on accentuating the negative, but I am going to enjoy the ride. 

5 minutes ago, Steve_Smith_Sr. said:

One of the teams who we lost to earlier in the season.... at home... who just beat the Rams... at home.  But we know that doesn't matter.  Jeez this is getting so old.

Record is the record, scroll up, that's what people tell me. 

Just now, PanthersBigD said:

They're beating supposedly bad teams by a wide margin. They avenged the week two loss to the Bucs with an epic ass whooping in London. The defense is getting better every week and the offense has proven that it can still put points on the board when a team effectively neutralizes CMC. I don't know why anyone would want to temper their enthusiasm for something we have no impact on. We can either sit back and enjoy the ride, or obsess over things we have no control over. I realize there are all kinds of people, and some do get off on accentuating the negative, but I am going to enjoy the ride. 

Wide margin...

ARI game we won by 18

HOU game we won by 6

JAX game we won by 7

TB game we won by 11

We are wining by an average of 10.5 ppg which is IMO a good margin overall, but not ''wide''. 

I think we did what we were supposed to do vs teams that we are overall better than, and we escaped one in HOU, however a win, is a win, is a win. I'm happy to be 4-2. 

I'm just not sold on the Allen hype given who we've beaten, and still think a healthy Cam is a much better quarterback. That is all this was ever meant to be, but we have some who don't want to be realistic about Allen. I'm not surprised given the population here...

2 minutes ago, SetfreexX said:

Wide margin...

ARI game we won by 18 - Thorough ass whooping of an inferior team. 

HOU game we won by 6 - Team overcame awful play by Kyle Allen, defense stifled one of the most dynamic young QBs playing right now. Someone else said they're 2nd in AFC now, but not sure. 

JAX game we won by 7 - They had a good game against us, but we had a better one against them. They held the Saints to 13 points yesterday. 

TB game we won by 11 - We had that game in hand early on. It was never less than a two score game. 

We are winning by an average of 10.5 ppg which is IMO a good margin overall, but not ''wide''. 

I think we did what we were supposed to do vs teams that we are overall better than, and we escaped one in HOU, however a win, is a win, is a win. I'm happy to be 4-2. 

I'm just not sold on the Allen hype given who we've beaten, and still think a healthy Cam is a much better quarterback. That is all this was ever meant to be, but we have some who don't want to be realistic about Allen. I'm not surprised given the population here...

I want Cam back too. I'm not going to let a bunch of sh!tposters, who somehow really think that Kyle Allen could replace a healthy Cam, diminish my enjoyment of the way the team is playing. I'm really happy for Kyle Allen, and hope he continues to improve so that he's either an asset for us going forward, or he makes himself a ton of money in free agency. 

I’m happy to be 4-2 at this moment. Allen has done what is needed , defense and cmc have been overwhelmingly good

But if Allen throws that type of pass to Samuel in the end zone with Sherman in coverage it might be a 101 yard pick 6. That was a great play by Samuel on a very poorly thrown back shoulder pass. 

Archived