• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

I'm finally excited for the rebuild..

WOW!!

My 2 cents:

We need a go to scorer. Bridges doesn't seem like that guy - even though I love his energy. Monk or Rozier might be the ones but we've been waiting awhile for Monk to grow up. I hope they do but I don't see them creating their own shot. I hope Marvin and MKG can help guide these young bucks on how to be professional and not develop bad habits. 

I am always the most positive Hornets fan. I rationalize every move even though I might believe it is a bad move. 

With that being said, this team will be bad. I will still watch almost every game and will enjoy the glimpses from the young guys. I honestly am glad we will be bad. We weren't going anywhere with Kemba unfortunately. Would I have done things differently? Oh yeah, but all I can do now is hope for an absolute franchise turning player in one of the next two drafts. 

But in saying that I really want to see this small ball lineup: Rozier, Monk, Bacon, Miles, PJ. That will be kind of fun!! 

If you go into the season believing the Hornets will be a top three bad team, it won't be that bad. 

If we end up with Cole Anthony and clear off a lot of cap space a future of Cole, Bacon, Bridges, Washington, +/- Monk (depending on how this year goes) + cap space is not a bad place to be. Throw in maybe a little lotto luck the year after and we might have a legit good young squad

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/21/2019 at 11:52 AM, SOJA said:

Throw in maybe a little lotto luck the year after and we might have a legit good young squad

"lotto luck" & Mike Jordan are mutually exclusive!

Until these new partners based in New York take over all the business operations nothing will change.  That said, at some point they will and that will be the inflection point for this franchise.

The only fly in the ointment is I've seen no confirmation that the proposed deal ever actually closed.

I totally agree! I thought this season would be unwatchable and blown off the court by every team.. Oh I was so wrong. I love this young team. I know they won't make playoffs, but Kups draft picks have shown that he knows what the hell he is doing....finally. It was so sad with the old management in place. We could only pray for luck. Luck in drafting a player that just happened to break out. BUT look at Graham and Miles from his first year and PJ Washington will become their star by the end of the season. 

It was like we were destined to always be mediocre. Now it feels like a proper re-build.  I LOVE that MKG hasn't played, but even more to watch him on the sidelines and watch him cheer on the team, I respect him more than ever. Keep all those over priced players on the bench and pay them what we owe them and then it will be good riddance!  Maybe, just maybe we end up with a low lottery pick and who knows maybe fall into the number 1! Then it will be on! 

The one thing I have now that I have never had before is HOPE!  

Curt 

Archived