• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Not that it matters but..

1of10Charnatives

After following this team from the beginning, I'm long familiar with how we get overlooked or discounted by national media. Fine. Whatever. I'm also aware that power rankings don't mean diddly squat in a league where everything actually gets determined on the field. But I have to admit it still burns my biscuits just a little when I look at ESPN's power rankings this week and not only do they have our 4-2 Panthers down near the middle of the pack (spoiler alert we're 14). But..

not only are there 3 teams with worse records ranked ahead of us...

not only have we beaten one of those teams (Houston)..

but every single team with a winning record is ranked ahead of us including multiple teams with worse point differentials.

C'mon ESPN, what a bunch of poo.

Thank dog it doesn't mean anything, their rankings are straight up garbage.

2 minutes ago, GoPanthers123 said:

It’s a good thing, history shows we play better this way.

We do, that's why it doesn't bother me much. We always seem to be better when flying beneath the radar. However, aside from our waistline and athletic gifts, Steve Smith and I have much in common. We feed off of perceived disrespect. I'm a better fan when I feel like the national media disrespect us. I drink my beer faster watching the games, eat more nachos, yell louder at the TV (this is an important part of being a fan, the team needs my advice during the game), and ofc my opinions, always right, are even better when the media disrespects my team. 

Come at me ESPN, you will only make me stronger.

I love it.  I’m also a Clemson fan and love that they dropped 3 spots. 

Why? Because Clemson is a better program when they get to play the disrespect card.  That is basically Dabo’s motivational bread and butter. 

Same is true with Carolina.  We are simply at our worst when expected nationally to be a good team.  We have always been better when dismissed. 

1 minute ago, DeAngelo Beason said:

Power rankings are stupid anyway.  Let 'em hate.  There are plenty of reasons to think we aren't a good team.  I really hate to say it, but it almost feels like the Panthers can implode at any second.  I guess last year just left me paranoid.

You’re only saying that because of the mind control drugs they put in your Gatorade.

Just now, 1of10Charnatives said:

The hallmark of a bad franchise is being consistently bad, which the Panthers are not. Consistently bad franchises don’t make the playoffs every few years and go to the Super Bowl multiple times.

You’re thinking of Cleveland.

If you have to be an underdog to win it's not a good thing.  

Archived