• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Kyle Allen is an inexperienced but good backup qb who is learning!

Matt62881

14 minutes ago, JARROD said:

He was experienced enough to only get sacked 6 times the first half,..

I mean, I was a Kyle basher more than a supporter and for lit up for it by a lot of people.

with that being said— I don’t think anyone would have had a good game with that passrush.

maybe if we had some intermediate or long passes that had actually connected for touchdowns and made them backup,. Or even short passes that gashed them bad like they did us,..  Maybe that would have backed some of that off. Maybe at least give us a more respectable chance.

being able to have the receivers step up and gash them, extend drives and rest that poor defense that spent all day on the field getting murdered might have changed things.

thats a lot of mights and maybes

Yes it is however dont forget KA missed a wide open Samuel in the endzone and then a Samuel thay had seperation later. He made the right reads on those throws but missed, i think he wilm improve with time and the game will slow down but i feel his celing is Alex Smith lite. He also made some terriable reads on two of his interceptions.

Just be prepared: if Kyle happens to come in next week and throws for four touchdowns, you’ll start to hear some of the same garbage takes. That’s why ignoring the noise is pretty important. And for the record, I don’t think Kyle will throw four touchdowns, but I don’t think it’ll be as bad as last week. Tennessee has some pretty physical guys outside. It’s a test. But definitely not the kind of test they had last week.

I've said it before and it's worth repeating......

This organization does not have a QB controversy............

Cam is no longer Superman with those physical skills of old and he is no pocket passing/game management master either..................and Allen is a career journeyman and a back up QB at best.

The Panthers first and foremost have an oline problem..............that needs to be addressed or no QB will be productive or last long with this team...........as it is they will be in the need of a top tier QB come next year.

Just now, trueblade said:

I said since the Cardinals game, KA was going to have a bad game. All young QBs do. It was said *before* the SF that we shouldn't make a definitive call on KA based on that game but recency bias is hard to fight these days.

Nobody's got any patience. And everybody wants to be the first person to say that they know right now how good somebody is or isn't going to be.

It's basically the same as when people say they absolutely know and can guarantee that a guy is going to be a superstar or a bust three games into his rookie season.

6 minutes ago, trueblade said:

I said since the Cardinals game, KA was going to have a bad game. All young QBs do. It was said *before* the SF that we shouldn't make a definitive call on KA based on that game but recency bias is hard to fight these days.

Honestly KA has done exactly what was asked of him and has been great but how many of the wins with him at qb have come due to the defense.

33 minutes ago, raz said:

op thinks we're going 11-5 and are gonna get everything cleaned up.   i really want some of what he's smoking.  shits gotta be awesome and reality bending

Actually i think its a possibility if Cam comes back soon and i dont see how its not a possibility. Even 10-6 isnt horrible....

Idc about all that I’m just mad our deep ball game hasn’t change yet . Everytime he throw deep it’s as if he closes his eyes and just chuck it and the ball land in the middle of the field ten yards away from the wr and defender . Samuel ran a 4.31 one and he still hasn’t had deep ball like Ted Ginn use to get . I think it’s the scheme and offense we run it suck 

Archived