• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Kyle Allen is an inexperienced but good backup qb who is learning!

Matt62881

50 minutes ago, GreensboroPirate said:

Bro, PFF has Kyle Allen as the 2nd worst QB in the NFL

Maybe PFF isn't that great, but they're not THAT inaccurate

https://www.pff.com/news/nfl-pff-rankings-nfl-quarterback-rankings-following-week-8-2019

30. Kyle Allen, Carolina Panthers

While Allen’s story as an unexpected success story was a fine one, his 106.6 passer rating and zero interceptions in his four starts was fool’s gold. It caught up to him last week against the 49ers, and his current numbers (88.5 passer rating) are more in line with his actual performance. He must improve his pocket presence, as his 22.5 fumble grade is worst in the league and he ranks just 31st in adjusted completion percentage (71.3%) despite showing impressive flashes at times during Carolina’s winning streak.

5-1

59 minutes ago, GOOGLE JIM BOB COOTER said:

so common that you’re doing it yourself? the obvious statistical outlier game was the arizona game. there’s your “shock event.” new starter, limited tape, extremely shitty defense. more touchdowns in that game than in the 4 games since. 4 yards per attempt higher than in the following 4 games.

of the 6 games he has started, he has posted >100 QBR and scored at least 2 TDs in 3 of them.  In those games he is still not a world beater in completion % - the AZ game is an outlier there.  And he still isn't hitting huge deep balls consistently (altho he had a few in those games).  In those games he seemed to get knocked on his ass less than the others but maybe that is perception...

then in 2 of the 3 he had not good performances but did make at least a play or two.

and then the SF game.  I would say SF is honestly the outlier, but his body of work is not "zomg amazing" even given that. 

"5-1" is great and all but doesn't tell the whole story in the least.  dude has been good, and bad... he has contributed, and cost us... 

personally I hope Cam gets back before we get a chance to see too much more of Allen, but I think we are still lucky to have him as a backup.

15 minutes ago, mav1234 said:

of the 6 games he has started, he has posted >100 QBR and scored at least 2 TDs in 3 of them.  In those games he is still not a world beater in completion % - the AZ game is an outlier there.  And he still isn't hitting huge deep balls consistently (altho he had a few in those games).  In those games he seemed to get knocked on his ass less than the others but maybe that is perception...

then in 2 of the 3 he had not good performances but did make at least a play or two.

and then the SF game.  I would say SF is honestly the outlier, but his body of work is not "zomg amazing" even given that. 

"5-1" is great and all but doesn't tell the whole story in the last.  dude has been good, and bad... he has contributed, and cost us... 

personally I hope Cam gets back before we get a chance to see too much more of Allen, but I think we are still lucky to have him as a backup.

A reasonable assessment. 

2 hours ago, GreensboroPirate said:

The Golden Calf of Bristol had a great record in Denver and won a playoff game

leave it to Panthers fans to consider 9-7 a "great record", haha...

edit: and fwiw I agree that record means little, but The Golden Calf of Bristol isn't a great example of how career w/l means nothing given his is not particularly good.

30 minutes ago, Toomers said:

And he never played another snap at QB. Ever. So saying 5-1 like it has relevance is ridiculous. 

An incredibly amazing phenomena going on here....

....an undrafted Quarterback comes off the bench and takes over a team that is sucking hind tit and rallies them to 4 straight wins in the NFL....

....an all the "fans" want to do is figure out every possible way to denigrate the guy.

I've seen the concept kicked around here for a while --- these aren't Panthers fans --- these are "Cam fans". 

(Cam fans who appear to be incredibly afraid of something...)

I too am ready for Cam to come back --- what's the dang holdup?

Fact of the matter is Cam might not come back 100% and I don’t think Allen isn’t the answer either.

Allen is 23 though and just starting out. That’s as good as an excuse as Cam’s injury. And for that he’s our solid back up.

really won’t know until January.

What this team really needs are new coaches, refresh the philosophy and let them figure out what they want at QB.

Ron’s time is done.

Archived