• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Alan vs Newton. Be honest. Who is better?

Alan Turn vs Isaac Newton  

51 members have voted

1. 1. Who was better? Alan or Newton?

Just now, SmittysLawnGuy said:

No doubt! I actually spent 20 minutes debating the question.

It’s actually a legit debate! I mean Newton is one of the most famous for what he did in the scientific community but almost every aspect of modern day life is all because of Turing. AI and computing run pretty much everything these days.

Interesting you are on a subject I have a great deal of passion about..........

Isaac Newton may have been the greatest genius to have ever lived.........a person no less that the credentials of Albert Einstein said this about him.

Look, imagine this for a minute........

Newton invented...........yes invented calculus up to all differential components................and without it no structural engineering in modern society would exist today, neither would high speed travel of any kind.

Now how does one get to the point of being proficient in differential calculus to obtain a civil engineering degree?

Well first you need basic math of grade school........then a year or two of Algerbra.........then years of Trig....along with Euclidean (2D) and Rihmenn (sp?) (3D) geometry...and calculus...most of this in high school and college.........an investment of time in calculus takes a 2 to 4 years to master when you add differential calculus to the equation.........

Newton...........at the age of 26 on a dare from his friend of how to comprehend gravitational forces with projectiles and structural objects..........went home on one weekend...........and invented calculus as a mathematical relationship that explained all those observations.

One weekend!!!.........at the age of 26!!!

When it takes brilliant minds many years to master the applications of his equations!!!

and he invented in in a few days????

Maybe he wasn't from this planet.......that's mind blowing.......

Archived