• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Is the "League" Trying to screw Kap again?

Snake

3 minutes ago, PantherOnTheProwl1523 said:

SO it would be ok if CK did try to sue them again if nobody from a team to sign him and get back at NFL like before. The NFL played it smart to prevent him from suing them again and not one thing was wrong with it.

If anything they opened not closed a door for him to sue them again. 

6 hours ago, Moo Daeng said:

It was a ploy by the NFL for him to sign a broad waiver to protect them from future litigation.. The teams who put effort to see it should be pissed. This just proves the league is scum.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2019/11/16/nfl-tried-to-put-colin-kaepernick-in-legal-checkmate/

This is the waiver in question and there isn’t anything in there that would prevent litigation. Nor is it broad.

The league and media doesn’t have to “screw” Colin,... they just let him do it to himself.

he can’t cry being discriminated against any more.

There are too many hotshot quarterbacks getting highlighted for him so say that.

in the end, he got benched twice for Blaine Gabbert. He’s a backup quarterback at best and uses this garbage to deflect the fact that he’s not a starting quarterback in the NFL.

16 hours ago, 1of10Charnatives said:

Corporate america hates controversy because they are in the business of selling you something and controversy by its nature alienates some portion  of your potential customer base generally speaking. Nike is willing to endorse CK publicly not because they are the only company out there with a conscience, but because they have correctly identified that moreso than most international brands CK supporters are their target market and CK haters are not.

Coca Cola sells sugar water to everyone and their brother. I got 20 bucks says it will be a cold day in hell before they take a position on the CK controversy because doing so is nothing but downside for their bottom line.

I say all of this by way of pointing out that whether you love it or hate it (and personally I am no big fan) the NFL is reacting to CK the way any large corporation typically responds to controversy: by staying as far away from it as possible.

If Tom Brady himself started sharing his views on abortion in sideline and postgame interviews, regardless of what they were, the league would suddenly start looking for ways to encourage him to retire.

see I think the nfl IS running from him, and for all the right reasons.

Exactly. I think some people here think the NFL is some government, moral compass entity whose duty and obligation is to set some sort of ideal model figure funded by public donations, charity and taxes lol

It’s a fuging private owned business. They can do whatever the hell they want. They don’t owe anyone anything. They can chose not to hire Kap for whatever reason they want other than the few race, sex etc. And I’m sure they’ve worked on their paperwork as such. And what they do will always depend solely on the bottom line aka $. Some companies like Nike aren’t supporting Kap because they’re morally obligated lmao

God forbid the country start hiring people for no other reason other than because they are legally obligated to, No matter how detrimental to the business it is, what kind of joke is that?

They’re doing it because they see an angle to make money with him the same way the NFL just sees him losing money for

It’s funny Kap at this point doesn’t realize no body gives a fug to stand with or be against his cause and it’s really just about money. But who’s to say that’s not part of his motive as well...I mean with a Nike commercial at his workout and all it does make sense from a logic perspective.

14 hours ago, Snake said:

It was a waiver to silence him. He now has even more reason to sue them again. They fuged up. 

Did you actually read the waiver posted above? Are you also aware ALL players sign the EXACT same waiver? Or did you just post this drivel without spending time educating yourself?

Archived