• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Why blame Marty?

Matt62881

2 minutes ago, thefuzz said:

Who put this inept QB on the roster, and knew it was very likely that he would see loads of playing time this season?

Who is Ron Rivera's boss?

Who signed Daryl Williams and Paradis in the offseason?

Who didn't extend Bradberry or Thompson, making them even more expensive in this upcoming offseason?

Which quarterback would you have signed?

Just now, thefuzz said:

Who put this inept QB on the roster, and knew it was very likely that he would see loads of playing time this season?

Who didn't extend Bradberry or Thompson, making them even more expensive in this upcoming offseason?

No one here wanted Williams to go, and EVERYONE liked the Paradis signing, IMO I can't judge these guys with an inexperienced QB behind them, considering what I saw Cam do with much less on the OL last year, and in 2017 as well. 

Kyle Allen is apart of some of these sack issues, not all but some. 

As far as Bradberry / Shaq we don't know what their agents are advising or if they are open for negotiation, but NO ONE here especially on the HUDDLE was sold on either coming into this season. 

Most of you wanted Shaq gone or not even drafted, and most of you questioned Bradberry's ability as a true no. 1

Just now, Car123 said:

Which quarterback would you have signed?

Last offseason?  We have been down this road before.

There was an immediate need for a backup QB prior to the kickoff of last season, not this season, Marty backed up Cam Newton with two players who had never started an NFL game....in a season where we knew we were likely saying goodbye to a few Panther greats in Kalil, Peppers, and Davis.  

2 minutes ago, SetfreexX said:

No one here wanted Williams to go, and EVERYONE liked the Paradis signing, IMO I can't judge these guys with an inexperienced QB behind them, considering what I saw Cam do with much less on the OL last year, and in 2017 as well. 

Kyle Allen is apart of some of these sack issues, not all but some. 

As far as Bradberry / Shaq we don't know what their agents are advising or if they are open for negotiation, but NO ONE here especially on the HUDDLE was sold on either coming into this season. 

Most of you wanted Shaq gone or not even drafted, and most of you questioned Bradberry's ability as a true no. 1

None of this is accurate, at least not if you are talking about me in these situations.

I have been beating on the table for over a year to extend Bradberry.  Williams needed to be shown the door as I said before we overpaid him by betting against ourselves.  I took a wait and see approach about getting excited about Paradis, as he was coming off of injury, and the team he was on wasn't too keen on keeping him around.

Kyle Allen is Marty Hurney's choice to be the backup to Cam, and he knew there was a VERY high chance of him starting a lot of games this season and still decided to roll with him, and in the process of doing so draft a QB who (hopefully) won't see the field this season.

Like always, Hurney supporters look at the names on the jersey, and not the win loss column.

Not going to look it up, but doesn't Hurney's record have 3 winning seasons out of the 12 he's been employed here?

25 minutes ago, thefuzz said:

not only that but hurney hand picked ron in 2011 to be the new head coach, so part of the complete unpreparedness in coaching that is being put on full display on sundays lies on marty’s shoulders

and if tepper is the kind of owner we were promised that he was going to be before he took control of the organization, and he wants ron out and hurney doesn’t want to fire him, then hurney will be fired as well.

22 minutes ago, CBDellinger said:

When new ownership takes over anything, eventually they get their own people.  From top to bottom.   It doesnt matter if Marty is good or not, its more about putting people you pick, that share your philosophy and understand the expectations of the organization moving forward.  It's culture change, and that is hard to do with someone in such an important position from the old regime. 

First sensible answer ive seen, thank you. Im just personally not ready for a rebuild and think we have a roster that is SB worthy with Cam if he gets healthy. Im not ready for a multi year rebuild or change of philosophy that is gonna take out some key years from some of our best players including a future HOF. I feel a coaching change and leaving everything else in tact is the answer or maybe just Cam back and providing the needed leadership.

I agree.  Hurney has always been a scapegoat response around here, but he's drafted most of the best players on this team, and his free agency pickups have been pretty spot on in round 2 of his Panthers career.  He's been very good at getting quality players at a bargain too.

Simple fact is that in the NFL these days you absolutely HAVE to have above average QB play no matter how good your team is.  We have had terrible QB play for two years now and it shows.

6 minutes ago, Matt62881 said:

The roster is very bi polar, 15 and 1 one year and out of the playoffs the next, this is a coaching problem not a roster one.

But the same coach is 51-29-1 with 4 playoff appearances in 5 years With one GM and 25-33 with nothing with the other. How does that fit in with that theory

6 minutes ago, SetfreexX said:

Burns, Addison, McCoy, Irvin, Luke, Donte', Reid, Boston

Cam, Moore, Daley, Olsen, Wright, and even Little (who most of you were so happy about prior to concussion issues)

This team's issues are health / coach related. 

Marty 2.0 has done a damn good job assembling a roster, he hasn't shown me anything relevant to years past, so people need to move on from that. 

Let’s see.....

Burns- broke his OWN hand. Gets owned on rush DEF. Great pass rusher but since Marty didn’t feel we needed 5-tech with any semblance of experience, we can barely play a 3-4. 

Addison- LOL! Marty was doing Bojangles commercials when Beane signed him. 

McCoy- Good pickup. Of course. But what if he never becomes available? Or chose CLE. What was the plan coming out of the draft. And once again, a 3 tech that doesn’t stop the run. 

Irvin- 3-4 OLB for a team that can’t play it effectively. Starting to see a trend yet?

Jackson- is struggling at the moment. And that’s being kind. 

cam, Luke, Olsen- I’m going to lump these together because if we are going back to then, we have to go through all the wasted picks and cap space from then as well. 

Moore- Still solid and improving. No problem at all with DJ. 

Daley- What has he done. He’s been good and bad. Like he should. It’s amazing how a couple games aren’t enough to label someone a bust(and rightfully so) but it’s plenty to crown them a success. 

Wright- solid evening if he struggled this year. 

25 minutes ago, thefuzz said:

Well the backup qb wasn't supposed to see significant time except for a freak injury.

37 minutes ago, Matt62881 said:

Seriously guys this teams problem is not talent, Marty has been nailing draft picks and done his job rather well. Why are you guys so quick to want his head too, this teams problem is clearly how prepared they are and motivation, non pf wich falls under Martys job. These issues fall to Rivera and the Qb. If what i want happens Cam will come back 100% healthy and show you guys how good this team should be.

you just contradicted your own argument if this team is that talented it shouldn't have to depend on an elite level quarterback to win.

2 minutes ago, Matt62881 said:

First sensible answer ive seen, thank you. Im just personally not ready for a rebuild and think we have a roster that is SB worthy with Cam if he gets healthy. Im not ready for a multi year rebuild or change of philosophy that is gonna take out some key years from some of our best players including a future HOF. I feel a coaching change and leaving everything else in tact is the answer or maybe just Cam back and providing the needed leadership.

Cam isn't coming back, and likely can't even if he wanted to.  You need to get that out of your head.

Now, have you really looked into this particular roster, checked the amount of players on their last year of deals, or becoming free agents?  This team is not only ready for a complete rebuild, it's the only way that we can get better.

We are at a major crossroads with this team moving forward, and I don't want Marty with his hands on the turn signal, or foot on the gas pedal.

Archived