• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

You don't depend on your kicker.

RumHam

Just now, Green_Tea said:

Slye should’ve made the kick but Carolina should’ve been able to score a TD in 6 plays at the goal line 

The offense had to contend with 11 players that were willing to do whatever it takes to stop us ..

the kicker ... uh ... had to kick the ball ... just like he practices ... non stop ... all the time ...him and the goal posts .. 

9 minutes ago, arbnranger said:

The offense had to contend with 11 players that were willing to do whatever it takes to stop us ..

the kicker ... uh ... had to kick the ball ... just like he practices ... non stop ... all the time ...him and the goal posts .. 

I said he should’ve made it but it also shouldn’t have came down to that. Carolina had 6 plays to score a TD

So, wait.. the kicker is to blame here? It doesn't help he missed those two PATs (which I'll admit, is ridiculous), but the offense failed to punch it in within six downs prior to that, so not sure you can fault him completely for the loss.

It also didn't help that the NFL obviously views one DL pushing on the neck and back of the OL to give the other DL next to him leverage to jump over the OL as acceptable. Even if Slye had drilled that straight, it wouldn't have gone in because there was a DL directly in his face that would have blocked it easily. Or do you guys expect him to ghost the ball through a defender or something?

2 minutes ago, Green_Tea said:

I said he should’ve made it but it also shouldn’t have came down to that. Carolina had 6 plays to score a TD

Ok .. but you can’t control another team ...

you can’t control momentum as an offense or defense..

you can control one thing ....

can I kick this ball into the uprights . 
pretty simple man . 

2 minutes ago, Raskle said:

So, wait.. the kicker is to blame here? It doesn't help he missed those two PATs (which I'll admit, is ridiculous), but the offense failed to punch it in within six downs prior to that, so not sure you can fault him completely for the loss.

It also didn't help that the NFL obviously views one DL pushing on the neck and back of the OL to give the other DL next to him leverage to jump over the OL as acceptable. Even if Slye had drilled that straight, it wouldn't have gone in because there was a DL directly in his face that would have blocked it easily. Or do you guys expect him to ghost the ball through a defender or something?

He has one job Raskle 

2 minutes ago, arbnranger said:

He has one job Raskle 

Again, go back and take a look at the replay on that last kick. I'm honestly dumbfounded how that wasn't a penalty against the Saints. I'm not happy with his missed points, nor should anyone here, but I'm not going to fault him when he has a DL standing upright in front of him that shouldn't have been there to begin with, in my opinion. That'll make anyone miss that kick, and what I felt caused him to veer in the first place.

Now, if you want to say he failed today because he missed those chip shot PATs, I'm on board with that. In those instances, he didn't do his one job. But, I'm not going to pin the loss on him, any more than I would pin a loss on any one specific player on the team. It's not reasonable to do so, including and up to the QB spot. It takes 53 players, plus the coaching staff, to win or lose. That's part of any team sport.

Archived