• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

3-4

ellis

1 minute ago, The Lobo said:

Running a 4-3 for 8 years and spend 3-4 draft picks the last two years to switch to a 3-4, all the while most of the players on D have been used to the old scheme, but let’s hurry and switch to a 3-4 scheme is by a recipe for success. 

Truth be told, I think it was a dumbass idea to begin with.

The scheme last year was not the problem. For the better part of the year, the guy running the scheme was the problem.

47 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

Let me pose the question that's been running around in my head.

Does anyone at this point believe that this was a well thought out decision, that somebody looked at the logical pros and cons and thought this was the best way to go?

Or was this just your basic desperation "well hell, we've gotta do something so let's try this" kind of decision?

Not so much not well thought out as not so well planned or excuted.  To make the change, we needed to make coaching staff changes and maybe a few more personnel changes.  I am not so sure our coaching staff is good at getting our personnel ready to play it. 

12 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

The scheme last year was not the problem. For the better part of the year, the guy running the scheme was the problem.

100000% agree. I know KK being out hurts, but not this much. Just terrible decisions by this staff have damned this team.

5 hours ago, saX man said:

It's a variationb on Seattle's defense from a few years back with Quinn but we don't have a run stopper or a KJ Wright type.  No doubt we'll get gashed without the proper personnel.  It's ridiculous. 

We also don’t have a Cam Chancellor 

4 hours ago, Mr. Scot said:

Switching to the 3-4 takes time to get the right personnel. We tried to do it in a single draft and offseason. Not to mention our DC is really the HC that wants to play defense like its 1985 in an NFL that has made rules that really favor the offense.

It felt like a hail mary then and a desperation move for an excuse now. 

Archived