• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

3-4

ellis

3 minutes ago, Toomers said:

We discussed this and n the pre-season. Especially Luke being wasted. Didn’t your brother have similar thoughts this was coming. 

We did numerous pieces on it. U have a good memory. We figured this was coming, and sure enough, 59 has been neutralized. 

2 minutes ago, Snake said:

We are basically running a 4-3.

Conceptually, yes. They’re using a lot of four DL on nickel and dime. But there still trotting out their version of 34 far too often in between the 20’s. Most times I have seen them get gashed, it’s the same look. 

4 minutes ago, Snake said:

We are basically running a 4-3.

It's a variationb on Seattle's defense from a few years back with Quinn but we don't have a run stopper or a KJ Wright type.  No doubt we'll get gashed without the proper personnel.  It's ridiculous. 

1 minute ago, Mr. Scot said:

...with an unfortunate mix of 3-4 and 4-3 players.

That's the real problem. Our personnel doesn't really fit either a three man or a four man front. We could actually field a pretty interesting 5-2 or 46 Bear front, but that's '80s football. You're gonna get lit up trying to play that style of D in 2019.

It was always a big ask, making this transition. A lot of the takeaways from earlier in the year came courtesy of building leads and unleashing multiple fronts in the pass rush. They run a NASCAR package quite a bit, something Fewell ran in New York. (3 speed rushers, 1 DT)

1 minute ago, Toomers said:

I hope he’s ok but if anyone, old or new, that considers paying him 13M next year should      be fired.

At the time he was signed, everybody was pretty hyped about it. But a radio guy from Atlanta spoke to a couple of our local radio guys and told them we were going to be disappointed.

I know a lot of us thought that the scheme switch this year would be better for him. Maybe it was early but it hasn't lasted.

28 minutes ago, ellis said:

It’s literally killing this team.

Running different concepts is essential in the NFL. I get that. But for this to be the base package, it just sucks. 

Our DT situation doesnt help, when KK went down the 34 was doomed. If we want to continue using the 34 in the future we need 2 big bodied DTs in the draft. I honestly think the talent on this roster is great and we are missing only a few pieces but those pieces are important for the 34. The Oline is just injured and young, at times they have protected fine when there is consistency. Also there is no excuse for our redzone play calling, i feel almost none of our problems are on the players. What is your overall thought of our roster?

Let me pose the question that's been running around in my head.

Does anyone at this point believe that this was a well thought out decision, that somebody looked at the logical pros and cons and thought this was the best way to go?

Or was this just your basic desperation "well hell, we've gotta do something so let's try this" kind of decision?

1 minute ago, Mr. Scot said:

Let me pose the question that's been running around in my head.

Does anyone at this point believe that this was a well thought out decision, that somebody looked at the logical pros and cons and thought this was the best way to go?

Or was this just your basic desperation "well hell, we've gotta do something so let's try this" kind of decision?

Never felt like a very analytically sound decision.

Guessing Tepper pretty much told him to do something drastic, this is what they came up with. That’s probably an oversimplification of how it went, but I don’t think that’s too far off.

Archived