• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Rivera Best Panthers Coach All Time?

CanadianCat

Rivera and Fox are basically the same guy. Between the two of them, Rivera has the most successful season to his credit, though it could be argued that Fox's team performed better in the Super Bowl.

Capers got us off to a good start, but man did things go to hell when he got personnel power. 

And yeah, Seifert. Came in as the coach with the highest winning percentage in NFL history yet couldn't even manage a winning season here. Closest he got was 500 it was downhill from there. Plus he was an a--hole.

2 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

Rivera and Fox are basically the same guy. Between the two of them, Rivera has the most successful season to his credit, though it could be argued that Fox's team performed better in the Super Bowl.

Capers got us off to a good start, but man did things go to hell when he got personnel power. 

And yeah, Seifert. Came in as the coach with the highest winning percentage in NFL history yet couldn't even manage a winning season here. Closest he got was 500 it was downhill from there. Plus he was an a--hole.

You could also also argue that Fox was the reason we lost that Super Bowl. I don’t believe Rivera was the issue against the Broncos.

1 minute ago, Doc Holiday said:

You could also also argue that Fox was the reason we lost that Super Bowl. I don’t believe Rivera was the issue against the Broncos.

I blame Fox way more directly for the Cardinals disaster than I do the Super Bowl. Granted, a lot of the credit for the good performance in 38 probably should go to Dan Henning.

And come on, dude. Rivera going into 50 without making any new plans is a pretty big part of why we ended up losing.

1) Riverboat Ron - Coached us to 3 consecutive NFC South titles, 4 trips to the playoffs, our best record ever & SB 50

2) Fox - Coached us to 2 NFC South titles, 3 trips to the playoffs & our 1st trip to the SB

3) Capers - Coached us to NFC Championship within just 2 years of existence & best 1st season record

4) Seifert - Not sure what he accomplished...

2 minutes ago, Doc Holiday said:

You don’t? Cause I consider a failure to adjust to the fact neither of your tackles could hold against their edge rushers one on one, and their rush being a key component of their win, a definite coaching issue.

4 minutes ago, MountaineerChemist10 said:

1) Riverboat Ron - Coached us to 3 consecutive NFC South titles, 4 trips to the playoffs, our best record ever & SB 50

2) Fox - Coached us to 2 NFC South titles, 3 trips to the playoffs & our 1st trip to the SB

3) Capers - Coached us to NFC Championship within just 2 years of existence & best 1st season record

Well, there was that one really cool game where we had to try and score more points than the Packers to get in the playoffs.

And he did have a pretty killer draft...that same year he got himself fired for going 1-15.

So yeah, basically nothing. Came in with good promise and then just kept getting worse.

17 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

I blame Fox way more directly for the Cardinals disaster than I do the Super Bowl. Granted, a lot of the credit for the good performance in 38 probably should go to Dan Henning.

And come on, dude. Rivera going into 50 without making any new plans is a pretty big part of why we ended up losing.

Rivera has been hands off on the offense, so if you want to lay blame, it’s Rivera’s fault for not making Shula do something Different.

but with that said it worked for us all season including two dominating performances in the Playoffs, kinda if it’s not broke don’t fix it. I can’t say I blame them there.

my issue with Fox was him trying to get cute going for two instead of just kicking the extra point. People forget about that. But if we just kick extra points Patriots are playing for the tie not the win. Totally different game. That’s on Fox 100%.

the Cardinals debacle and playing Jake when it was clear he shouldn’t of been starting is also 100% on Fox.

I for the record never did blame Jake for his poor for performance late in his career here. The fact that he was even playing was all on the coaching staff.

and I may get some heat for this, but the biggest reason we lost the Super Bowl in my opinion was because cam wasn’t 100% into the game. If you listen to his comments and remarks before the game he was too interested in becoming a superstar it was saying a lot of crazy stuff leading into the game that made you believe his head really wasn’t in it or where it should’ve been leading into a game of that magnitude. Don’t get me wrong I love me some cam and I fully realize we are never even sniffing that season or Super Bowl without him but to say he is blameless in the loss is far from reality either.

58 minutes ago, MountaineerChemist10 said:

Seifert got us number 89.......

Archived