• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Jarretts stateline

Peppermint9030

was not too impressive but for Delhomme to only complete 7 passes, and for Jarrett to catch two of em for 30 yards and block as well as he did showed me something...When moose comes back should he be the starter? I say keep some young juice in there and see what happens when Jake throws 20-30 balls.

I agree. 7 passes completed total is not going to show us Jarrett's potential. But I think even with Moose back, he should get more playing time. Heck, the front office drafted him in the 2nd round so I know they want him to produce to show they're not incompetent in evaluating talent.

I told you he would excel once given the opportunity IMO he earned another starting shot next week and lets face it we need the extra he gives us in the passing game. I think Moose's age is finally catching up to him. We need to let him play only 15 or so snaps a game and let Jarrett get the rest. I told you I had seen some good things outta Jarrett the last two years and you all thought I was crazy.

I told you he would excel once given the opportunity IMO he earned another starting shot next week and lets face it we need the extra he gives us in the passing game. I think Moose's age is finally catching up to him. We need to let him play only 15 or so snaps a game and let Jarrett get the rest. I told you I had seen some good things outta Jarrett the last two years and you all thought I was crazy.

Wow man, we should all bow down at your brilliant powers of prognostication! You are right up there with Nostradamus. Could you see it in your divine powers to give us commoners the Powerball numbers?

People! People! People!

Lets get realistic. Jarrett had a nice catch yesterday. That makes it 5 catches for 48 yards with a 9.6 average on the year.

Moose has 24 catches for 219 yards for a 9.1 average which is much lower than his career average of 13.3 by comparison.

More specifically, Jarrett has 7 targets- 1 drop- a completion percentage of 71% and a first down completion percentage of 28.6%.

Moose has been targeted 41 times has 1 drop, has a completion percentage of 59% and a first down completion percentage of 34%.

I am glad for Jarrett and would like to see him get in the game some and eventually be our number 2 receiver. But he is far from being better than Moose is at this point. I only hope he can continue to improve and justify the second round pick we spent on him. Otherwise he is much closer to a bust at this point. And for those saying he would do well if he got in, there are plenty of players on the team with the same or less experience playing and starting. If he were the best guy, he would be playing.

People! People! People!

Lets get realistic. Jarrett had a nice catch yesterday. That makes it 5 catches for 48 yards with a 9.6 average on the year.

Moose has 24 catches for 219 yards for a 9.1 average which is much lower than his career average of 13.3 by comparison.

More specifically, Jarrett has 7 targets- 1 drop- a completion percentage of 71% and a first down completion percentage of 28.6%.

Moose has been targeted 41 times has 1 drop, has a completion percentage of 59% and a first down completion percentage of 34%.

I am glad for Jarrett and would like to see him get in the game some and eventually be our number 2 receiver. But he is far from being better than Moose is at this point. I only hope he can continue to improve and justify the second round pick we spent on him. Otherwise he is much closer to a bust at this point. And for those saying he would do well if he got in, there are plenty of players on the team with the same or less experience playing and starting. If he were the best guy, he would be playing.

what did your stats prove? nothing. the main stats to me are 41 to 7 targets. Jarrett has done with his 7 targets about the same as what Moose has done with 44. Didn't you catch that? We aren't a pass-happy offense, but at this point, Jarrett needs more targets, the guy is better than some people think

If anyone has watched the game again, or payed attention yesterday ( I tried but had alot of other stuff going on ) how was he blocking? I mean he had to be decent because of the yards we put up ( I noticed the had him come inside near the Oline a lot ).

here,s my opinion on the whole thing, Moose while we all love him seems to be losing a step at receiving, so as long as Jarret is blocking 85% of Moose's level then why not give him the nod and bring in Moose at #3?

I don't know how much we run out of 3 receiver sets ( I assume not much ), but with Moose and Smith blocking out there and if Jarret blocks well, we could be running D.Will to the outside more, getting him into space where he can cut and spin ( and bulldoze ) his way to TDs.

on a side note, did anyone see that block Smith gave on I think the first TD run ( maybe second? ) where it looked like he pushed the Arizona defender 15 yards and almost out of the end zone? pure awesome.

I think because we had DJ in the game the Cardinals secondary had to give more attention to our #2. Moose won't out-run them so they could focus on Smith if they had too, DJ has more potential to make a big play. Something to think about.

who exactly is dwayne jarrett going to out-run? if he's lucky maybe a field goal kicker or punter

Archived