• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Tepper is clearly focused on MLS soccer and a new stadium and not...

Hotsauce

23 hours ago, Hotsauce said:

The Panthers!

Hi Dave, I know you or your cronies are reading this. 

It’s painfully obvious that Tepper’s 5 year plan is centered around 2 things:

1) establishing a MLS fan base 

and

2) building a new stadium 

...building a winning NFL franchise is 3rd in his list. All he cares about is doubling his revenue by adding a second sport. 

mls isn't going to double his revenue.  

The only concrete thing people are upset with Tepper for is not firing Hurney

But he's more or less let us know that Hurney will be kept on to make 1st round draft picks, and other duties will be delegates to new managers

Hurney is fantastic at 1st round picks, and although this arrangement is unconventional, history will bear out that Tepper made the right call with this (especially since we're drafting in the top 10).

I have more faith in Tepper than I have in any owner of any franchise I've rooted for in multiple sports over decades

10 hours ago, Rubi said:

It’s highly concerning Tepper mad a “calculated” choice by retaining Hurney given his track record. 

Starting to wonder about Tepper...

He said Hurney was a great drafter, but implied not a very good manager

He's going to hire someone else to manage the cap and free agency

Do you not want Hurney in charge of our top 10 draft pick given he's drafted a Hall of Famer every single time he's ever had a top 10 pick?  I want the Hall of Famer

We're going to have multiple 'general managers'

And what is it that you think he’s supposed to be doing different?

has a hype filled offseason with promising draft and FA on paper and franchise quarterback coming back.

QB goes down, team still floats for half a season until the wheels come off in a dramatic add on to last seasons demise thereby confirming the unchallenged decision to move on from the coach.

now we interviewing. The new coach will have input on the GM that handles football operations.

and were are we at in that process?

On 12/22/2019 at 8:34 PM, Hotsauce said:

The Panthers!

Hi Dave, I know you or your cronies are reading this. 

It’s painfully obvious that Tepper’s 5 year plan is centered around 2 things:

1) establishing a MLS fan base 

and

2) building a new stadium 

...building a winning NFL franchise is 3rd in his list. All he cares about is doubling his revenue by adding a second sport. 

How about you provide solutions instead of just complaining. Let us know what you would do as new owner of the Panthers with the season not being over yet.

Archived