• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Panthers coach Search Update (Dec 28 UPDATE)

ncfan

Just now, CRA said:

I think Tepper has already signaled Hurney will have a new role.  Front office is simply changing.   Hurney's job about to shrink. 

New role

But then glowed about his scouting and drafting.

Which was one if not the worst part of the current role.  So just much of the same.  Different title same Marty, same Panthers

Just now, MVPccaffrey said:

Anyone willing to take the HC job here with moron 2.0 we have at GM doesn't have the intelligence to be a good coach anyways.

Marty Hurney was GM when Ron Rivera took the job in 2011.

But I wouldn't expect you to know that being that you jumped on the bandwagon in 2015.

7 minutes ago, ncfan said:

Id feel better with the Panthers going forward with McCarthy at HC and a competent GM. Than Hurney at GM and one of these hot shot Coach names

Word is that whoever gets the head coaching job will have a say in who  the new front office hire is.

I know a lot of people aren't exactly thrilled with that idea.

("ass backwards" was the preferred term, I believe)

Just now, Mr. Scot said:

Word is that whoever gets the head coaching job will have a say that in who  the new front office hire is.

I know a lot of people are not exactly thrilled with that idea.

("ass backwards" was the preferred term, I believe)

So the GM (Hurney) Hires the guy who will then have the say who is at GM.

Well if that aint f***ked up and corrupt.

I don't think McCarthy would be a bad hire. He's sat out of the league for a year and has allegedly hired some people to help update his playbook and maybe his coaching technique (clock management, player input, etc.).

Also, he had three non-winning years in Green Bay. Yes, he had a HOF QB, but you gotta believe he had a major role in their dominance in the NFCN for close to a decade.

30 minutes ago, CRA said:

consider the QB talent Mike McCarthy had.....and the little he accomplished? 

No thanks.  Plenty of coaches would have walked away with more IMO. 

To be fair though, Sean Payton has had arguably a better QB, if not at least one of the same caliber, and he has one superbowl and missed the playoffs 3 years in a row. And people would drive to New Orleans to pick him up and bring him to Charlotte.

2 minutes ago, MVPccaffrey said:

Moron 1.0 still hadn't been exposed, only 2 seasons from the playoffs.  Moron 2.0 with five non-consecutive seasons and failures of drafts is a much bigger red flag.

Hurney 1.0 traded up to draft Armanti Edwards.

You don't know jackshit about the Panthers. Give it a rest, and hold that L.

14 hours ago, Jesse said:

I don't think McCarthy would be a bad hire. He's sat out of the league for a year and has allegedly hired some people to help update his playbook and maybe his coaching technique (clock management, player input, etc.).

Also, he had three non-winning years in Green Bay. Yes, he had a HOF QB, but you gotta believe he had a major role in their dominance in the NFCN for close to a decade.

I honestly feel the same, and wouldn't be mad as Long as he builds the right staff around.

People get zoned on HC's. The right Assistants around is just as important.

Archived