• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Panthers coach Search Update (Dec 28 UPDATE)

ncfan

5 minutes ago, CarolinaNCSU said:

Reading that tweet made me realize McCarthy might be exactly what Tepper wants and now I'm scared. 

There was a article written about McCarthy last month talking about his preperation to get back in the league.

You'd swear Tepper wrote the article.

5 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

If McCarthy gets the HC job, I'm wondering if he stumps for Eliot Wolf to get the front office spot.

I'm honestly not that big a fan of Wolf either. Definitely don't think he's as good as his dad was.

Interesting. The assistant GM of Cleveland .. who's Dad was instrumental in Packers success ..

This is all coming together perfectly.

This is much better than Caserio/McDaniels if indeed McCarthy/Wolfe is what we get.

21 minutes ago, Soul Rebel said:

I hope this is just us kicking tires on potential candidates that are eligible to be interviewed. More of a time management thing to get the ball rolling on the search. McCarthy seems like the Offensive-minded version of Rivera. 

Image result for spiderman meme

I'm sure there will be more names interviewed. This was the first logical choice outside of college coaches of people who will be interviewed. All of the other candidates can't interview until the playoffs begin if they decide to do so. 

I think whoever comes in needs to have a strong supporting staff. That was Rivera's weakness IMO. If he would have made better decisions on who to hire as DC after McDermott left, Rivera would still be here. Remember he was essentially told he needed to fire Shula which is the only reason he did.

Archived