• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Panthers coach Search Update (Dec 28 UPDATE)

ncfan

10 minutes ago, Harbingers said:

Honestly, I’m not pro or anti McCarthy. I’d rather a 4-3 defensive coach with Scott or someone I don’t know with full control of the offense. 

But serious. McCarthy would kick Hurney in the balls over bad draft placements. Even more, who doesn’t want to see what Cam could do with McCarthy calling the plays and coaching him. 

Cam with McCarthy is so intriguing

59 minutes ago, 45catfan said:

Cliff Kingsbury isn't exactly tearing it up in Arizona.  Hired because he was an impressive, young college offensive mind.  On the flip side, people were saying the same thing about Andy Reid (like McCarthy now) when he got canned from Philly and moved on to Kansas City.  Andy was a has-been HC with nothing left to offer a new team.

Young and new isn't always the answer just like an older retread isn't as bad as it seems.

Sure, if you just look at their record, you might say that, but Zona looks way better this year than last ( and they did just beat a Seattle team in Seattle that destroyed us at home).

2 minutes ago, trueblade said:

Sure, if you just look at their record, you might say that, but Zona looks way better this year than last ( and they did just beat a Seattle team in Seattle that destroyed us at home). 

A few points, Arizona is not making the playoffs.; the Chiefs are, Seattle is beatable and we did not get destroyed at home by Seattle.  Destroyed is what happened against the Colts yesterday.

1 hour ago, t96 said:

Sure he had a QB but honestly not much else on D or O, and Rodgers was hurt pretty bad at least 3 of those years. I’m not a big fan of going after McCarthy as I do think he’s something of an offense minded Rivera, but their GM and front office’s philosophy didn’t exactly help McCarthy much. And at least McCarthy has won a Super Bowl and had back to back winning seasons many times...

I think his offensive talent he had surrounding probably the most talented traditional QB in NFL history was better than you suggest.   Largely a very deep bunch of good players on offense.   It may have lacked individual superstars. 

Just now, Malt Liquor said:

Don't want Mike McCarthy but he would be an upgrade from Ron Rivera...just sayin

not sure about that. 

Probably better offensive gameplans. 

The end skews things but we had very solid defenses under Rivera.  

5 minutes ago, 45catfan said:

A few points, Arizona is not making the playoffs.; the Chiefs are, Seattle is beatable and we did not get destroyed at home by Seattle.  Destroyed is what happened against the Colts yesterday.

I concede I overstated Seattle's performance against us. I still maintain that Zona is vastly improved over last year. 

My biggest issue with McCarthy is that no coach has won Super Bowls for two different teams. 

Archived