• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Pat Fitzgerald

ellis

1 minute ago, Mr. Scot said:

I'm curious what people's general confidence level that Tepper will get this hire right is at the moment.

How would you define right?  For me, right is not McDaniels or another HC retread.  Please no retreads. 

All indicators are that he wants a new age thinking, smart, offensive minded guy.  I just don't see that mold in any of the current coordinators and think we might buckle in for a juicy college level hire. 

27 minutes ago, davos said:

Ouch.

I don't know about the shortlist right now. 

Stefanski has certain inner circles buzzing about him being a future HC so I trust he must have the juju for a top spot.  Otherwise, no to McD, this guy, McCarthy, and Roman.  

Daboll is interesting but the Bills didn't start clicking until he left the field for the booth.  He's excelled as a booth-based signal caller and not a sideline guy. 

I really want this guy:

What’s the obsession about this guy?

7 minutes ago, davos said:

How would you define right?  For me, right is not McDaniels or another HC retread.  Please no retreads. 

All indicators are that he wants a new age thinking, smart, offensive minded guy.  I just don't see that mold in any of the current coordinators and think we might buckle in for a juicy college level hire. 

I'll define right about four or five years from now.

Most of the names that I see us associated with or speculated upon don't exactly scream "right" to me.

I'll hope for the best whoever they hire, but I'm cringing right now.

7 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

I'll define right about four or five years from now.

Most of the names that I see us associated with or speculated upon don't exactly scream "right" to me.

I'll hope for the best whoever they hire, but I'm cringing right now.

I'm there with you though Shaw is interesting.  The rest scare me.

45 minutes ago, TheRed said:

What sticks out to me reading something like this is that we should have moved on from Ron Rivera last year. That's biting us in the ass now because we are desperate.

I wouldn't say we are desperate and the one they supposedly talked to last year with Patriots is still available. Not saying I want him, but there are alot of guys out there to choose from. I mean we could have kept Rivera did u want that again?

1 hour ago, LinvilleGorge said:

I'm not sure what's more embarrassing. The fact that we're trying to interview a mid-major college coach who went 3-9 this season or the fact that 3-9 mid-major college coach said thanks but no thanks.

Teams cover all bases and it's pretty clear the Bears have already tampered so to speak. A deal is definitely on the table. 

51 minutes ago, TheRed said:

What sticks out to me reading something like this is that we should have moved on from Ron Rivera last year. That's biting us in the ass now because we are desperate.

Dude we are not desperate. We are probably the number one destination. It's just beginning. 

Archived