• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Pat Fitzgerald

ellis

10 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

The #1 destination yet this mediocre mid-major coach is saying thanks but no thanks for the opportunity to interview? 

It’s not like we got dumped by the ugly overweight girl down the street. Pat has ties to Chicago and I’m guessing he wants to stay there. I will say this, if you typically turn down a NFL interview, you normally will not get another one. This tells me the Bears already have an inside link to him. 

3 minutes ago, philit99 said:

It’s not like we got dumped by the ugly overweight girl down the street. Pat has ties to Chicago and I’m guessing he wants to stay there. I will say this, if you typically turn down a NFL interview, you normally will not get another one. This tells me the Bears already have an inside link to him. 

NFL teams have been swirling around Shaw for years and his rebuffs haven't seemed to make any difference.

1 hour ago, Mr. Scot said:

I'm curious what people's general confidence level that Tepper will get this hire right is at the moment.

I do not have much confidence in him after his glowing review of old ass face Hurney.  Right now he's looking more in the mold of the crypt keeper down in Dallas.  But I'll wait to see how this all plays out before I decide if I'm in or not.

1 hour ago, Mr. Scot said:

I'm curious what people's general confidence level that Tepper will get this hire right is at the moment.

Tepper hasn’t done a single thing yet from the perspective of team management and team administration to give me ANY reason to place ANY confidence in him.

I mean, when I started at Auburn in 1980, the Auburn football team already had a practice bubble (now they have a full indoor 100-yd facility), so practice bubbles don’t impress me a whole lot.

1 minute ago, tiger7_88 said:

Tepper hasn’t done a single thing yet from the perspective of team management and team administration to give me ANY reason to place ANY confidence in him.

I mean, when I started at Auburn in 1980, the Auburn football team already had a practice bubble (now they have a full indoor 100-yd facility), so practice bubbles don’t impress me a whole lot.

Well the bubble is only temporary until the new SC headquarters is done. He expanded the players dinning because it was severely inadequate. Give it time.

43 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

I don't think it's even possible for an NFL team to tamper with a college coach. Pretty sure that's game on all the time.

Yep. College coaches almost exclusively have “buy-out” clauses in their contracts.

And their agents are always on the prowl for a better deal for their clients, be it with their current employer or a potential new employer.

Just now, tiger7_88 said:

Yep. College coaches almost exclusively have “buy-out” clauses in their contracts.

And their agents are always on the prowl for a better deal for their clients, be it with their current employer or a potential new employer.

Rhule just signed an eight year extension this past season, as I recall.

14 minutes ago, Jon Snow said:

I do not have much confidence in him after his glowing review of old ass face Hurney.  Right now he's looking more in the mold of the crypt keeper down in Dallas.  But I'll wait to see how this all plays out before I decide if I'm in or not.

Strikes me as more Dan Snyder-ish.

Archived