• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Rappaport: Marty Hurney heavily involved in HC search!!!

2 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

Just to give both of you a heads up, Panthers55 likes to take up stupid, unpopular points and argue them just to be an ass. he spent several years arguing with people that Mike Shula was actually a great OC.

Up to you how much you want to continue. Just know what you're getting into.

Hurney and Gettleman, two turds of a different color.

Just now, SmokinwithWilly said:

Why does it matter if Hurney is better than Gettleman or Gettleman is better than Hurney. They're both terrible GMs and their records prove it.

I don't know Hurney is bad at all aspects of the job or even which ones since I am not an insider. But it sounds like Tepper has a plan to use his drafting skills and bring in other guys to help do some of the other things. I would think this would make everyone happy.  Hurney does what he is good at and other guys do what he isn't great at.  Sound like win-win

1 minute ago, Mr. Scot said:

Just to give both of you a heads up, Panthers55 likes to take up stupid, unpopular points and argue them just to be an ass.

You know I’m well aware that we are about one step from “I’m a better person than you because I have a positive outlook(delusions)”. 

Next step is ridiculous scenarios made up to justify whatever move the team was completely  wrong about. 

Just now, The NFL Shield At Midfield said:

How many more years should Hurney get before he's expected to win a Super Bowl.  Or failing that, get us back to back winning seasons at least.

Five?  Ten?  The rest of his life?

If not for the Richardson scandal, he'd pretty much have a blank checkbook.

Darin Gantt said several times that under Richardson, Marty was basically GM for life if he wanted to be. He even spent several years working without a contract.

13 minutes ago, Toomers said:

LOL. Sure. 

What players did he sign on that team? He made two moves......

Butker over Gano. Excellent move. Worked out great. Lost over 3M for similar production that year alone. And much, much more. Then traded our WR1 score a wasted 3rd round pick and left us with Bersin, Clay, Frazier in a playoff game. That sure helped. 

Does a Hurney get credit for JStew’s 3.4 ypc? And that he was still too expensive to cut. Signing Peopers? How’s that possible. R Kalil missing half the season. Olsen too. Real backbone of a team there. 

Aside from Pep, what key players did Gettleman pick up that offseason?

4 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

Just to give both of you a heads up, Panthers55 likes to take up stupid, unpopular points and argue them just to be an ass.

Unpopular here seems to mean a positive pro team perspective. While the popular view which is hammered over and over by folks like Scott is how terrible everything is and how poor everyone is doing  including Tepper when he doesn't immediately jump on the huddle "The sky is falling approach." Seems to me that anyone who doesn't fall in line is suddenly a troll or ass.

What really pisses Scott off is thar I call him on his extreme exaggerations and characterizations of other people's viewpoints which is the only way he can.make a point or win an argument rather than debating the actual facts. Like now when any opposung view is a purposeful attempt to argue and be an ass for fun. Truth is I focus on  being positive  which around here seems to be unpopular and opens you up to personal attacks. Strange.....

11 minutes ago, Toomers said:

You know I’m well aware that we are about one step from “I’m a better person than you because I have a positive outlook(delusions)”. 

Next step is ridiculous scenarios made up to justify whatever move the team was completely  wrong about. 

More positive than most here? Yep. Is that better than  being negative?

For me it works better. Each person has to decide for themselves based on their history and genetics since being negative is actually biochemical as well as experience based.

Just now, Car123 said:

Aside from Pep, what key players did Gettleman pick up that offseason?

CMC

Samuel

Adams

Armagh 

Butker(oops)

And he had run the team for the previous 5 drafts and off-seasons. What part of 2017 do you feel Hurney deserves? Did he sign Cam? Luke? Anyone besides JS mess of a contract? 

How come Hurney only made one playoff game after his 4th year? Was all the talent he inherited leaving? How many years does this statute last? Does it vary as needed , per usual? 

3 minutes ago, panthers55 said:

More positive than most here? Yep. Is that better than  being negative?

For me it works better. Each person has to decide for themselves based on their history and genetics since being negative is actually biochemical as well as experience based.

Great for you. But some of us exist in a results based world and can’t just wish things were better. You were told this before the season, during the season, and now when it’s a dumpster fire. But we are never supposed to voice our displeasure because you like flowers and unicorns. Makes sense........

9 minutes ago, Toomers said:

Great for you. But some of us exist in a results based world and can’t just wish things were better. You were told this before the season, during the season, and now when it’s a dumpster fire. But we are never supposed to voice our displeasure because you like flowers and unicorns. Makes sense........

You assume that having a positive attitude means you aren't a realist which is a common misconception. Positive or negative attitudes are more about the future not the present. Looking at things without always focusing on the negative doesn't mean you don't see the reality. It means you don't dwell on it and focus on it . I am out of town and couldn't even sell my tickets to the game today. I go to the games I see the result in person. I deal with Reality every home game on.

Please.... 

The glass is half full or half empty but it is exactly the same level.  We will be 5-11 after today. But I will be watching to see McCaffrey get his 1000/1000 and to see if Grier deserves being brought to camp. Again each to their own. But it is a sad commentary when being positive is worth ridicule and scorn around here. 

Heres hope that we get better results next season.  It sucks to walk out of our house while opposing fans laugh and joke about whipping us.  Washington was really tough. 

15 hours ago, Mr. Scot said:

Basically, the guy who brought us John Fox and Ron Rivera has a say in who our next head coach is. And whatever coach gets picked is supposed to have a say in who gets the new front office position.

Ugh :poison:

We were hoping for the next Art Rooney but instead we might have gotten the next Jim Haslam

My optimism for our future just took a serious nosedive.

I warned you he was heavily involved, was staying and the gm being hired would be more like Beane.  

31 minutes ago, Toomers said:

CMC

Samuel

Adams

Armagh 

Butker(oops)

And he had run the team for the previous 5 drafts and off-seasons. What part of 2017 do you feel Hurney deserves? Did he sign Cam? Luke? Anyone besides JS mess of a contract? 

How come Hurney only made one playoff game after his 4th year? Was all the talent he inherited leaving? How many years does this statute last? Does it vary as needed , per usual? 

Samuel was a negative. Cost us the Bears game.

Armah didn’t contribute much and still doesn’t.

Huddlers were calling CMC a bust that season.

Adams was average

50 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

Nah. I gave both Hurney and Rivera credit for the games we won.

The problem is that with those two in charge, we don't tend to win a whole lot of them.

The second half of the Scott debating strategy.

Present ourselves in the most positive light while painting others in the most negative light so only a troll or ass would disagree. In fact they would have to do it on.purpose.    Why else would anyone dare to disagree? ( Not in the post but in the thread.)

Archived