• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Bieniemy interview went well "likes Cam and wants to work with him"

ncfan

2 minutes ago, AU-panther said:

Would the Panthers say it went bad?

Would any potential coach say he wouldn't want to work with Cam even if he really didn't?

You can't believe everything players, organizations and coaches say.

No, but at the same they wouldnt come out and say this either.

Again, its been noted by NFL people who have come on WFNZ its been pointed put by people on SiriusXM on NFL network etc.

That coaching candidates WANT to know the plan with Cam and the QB spot.  Not any uncertainty of what they are going to do.

If the plan was to trade Cam or draft his replacement in the 1st.  If that was the plan that Marty and Tepper told Bieniemy that.  Do you think he'd come right out and say he wants to work with Cam?  He probably wouldn't even mention nor bring up Cam.  Or just shake it off at he likes Cam, not go onto say he want to work with him?

Just now, ickmule said:

Oh, I know. I was just saying that as it could happen, but it could as easily be fine.  

Foot and shoulder both could be fine, but when a player hasn't had an injury-less season in a very long time, it'll draw questions, which I think is reasonable.  It is why Tepper came in unsure on an extension *before* the last surgery even.  But Cam is absolutely worth keeping, if he can sustain high level play.  It isn't about being 100%, just being capable across an entire season to play well.  Here's hoping he can get there and our shitty coaches/OL haven't ruined his career far too early.

Just now, ncfan said:

No, but at the same they wouldnt come out and say this either.

Again, its been noted by NFL people who have come on WFNZ its been pointed put by people on SiriusXM on NFL network etc.

That coaching candidates WANT to know the plan with Cam and the QB spot.  Not any uncertainty of what they are going to do.

If the plan was to trade Cam or draft his replacement in the 1st.  If that was the plan that Marty and Tepper told Bieniemy that.  Do you think he'd come right out and say he wants to work with Cam?  He probably wouldn't even mention nor bring up Cam.  Or just shake it off at he likes Cam, not go onto say he want to work with him?

If the plan is to get a 1st for Cam, don't you think you would want to play up how important he is to the Panthers to keep his value high?  I wouldn't read into this.  Obviously the coaches also do want to play with Cam.  That doesn't mean the team has decided there's no chance they would trade him.  Just means that smart offensive coaches realize the value a player Cam has - which, well, that kind of is a requisite for getting to where they are.

I don't think that drafting a qb in the first / trading Cam is the plan, fwiw.  I don't think we should draft a QB high in this draft at all.  Regardless of who is behind center, we really need a better center and the rest of the OL, heh.

14 minutes ago, (ATL'ien)CamNewton said:

Why are people harping on if Cam will be healthy .. why would his foot not heal?

We don't know if he is healthy (currently he is not), nor if he can stay healthy (the last few years point to no), but if he can, that changes everything.

Ron and Marty have counted on Cam being healthy, and being able to stay that way over the past 2 seasons....neither have come true.

1 minute ago, thefuzz said:

We don't know if he is healthy (currently he is not), nor if he can stay healthy (the last few years point to no), but if he can, that changes everything.

Ron and Marty have counted on Cam being healthy, and being able to stay that way over the past 2 seasons....neither have come true.

Because we needed to can Rivera and you can't can a coach in the midst of success so Cam said alright I'll be injured - if it means we can be an offensive team, and I can actually have great looking pass stats but delegating the work to other players. Unlike with Rivera when Cam was entire offense.

3 minutes ago, GOOGLE JIM BOB COOTER said:

this fits with schefter going on ESPN and saying "i wouldn't say carolina wants to move on from cam"

good news for the franchise if so

it would be dumb all around for the team to decide to move on from Cam now.  It is something they are unfortunately forced to consider due to fears about his health, but they have to hope he recovers because he is better than any player they have a hope of drafting any time soon.  And if he is healthy, you give him a shot to play out this contract and see how it goes, focusing on rebuilding the team around him this year.  Seems a no-brainer to me.

24 minutes ago, (ATL'ien)CamNewton said:

Because we needed to can Rivera and you can't can a coach in the midst of success so Cam said alright I'll be injured - if it means we can be an offensive team, and I can actually have great looking pass stats but delegating the work to other players. Unlike with Rivera when Cam was entire offense.

This is one of the crazier ideas that has ever been typed on this board.

Archived