• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Rhule vs Beiniemy

AU-panther

4 hours ago, GoobyPls said:

Based on his philosophy. Your using Baylor offense when they were in complete turmoil, go compare offensive numbers with those Art Briles teams. Last year alone they had 24 passing TD to 35 rushing TD. Rhule has always ran a grind it out type but since they play in the big 12 he will always put up a ton of point in yards, similar to K-State

So don't like at points per game?  maybe run/pass split would be a better indicator?

Pass on both.  Beineimy's records shows he did nothing up to landing on Andy Reid's staff.  I'll pass on coat tail success.  The fact that Rhule has not been linked here beside the Panthers desire to interview him aside, all I see are few good seasons mixed in with a lot of mediocre ones.  I thought we were trying to get away from mediocrity?  Even Rivera found himself in the playoffs once in a while.

7 minutes ago, Brooklyn 3.0 said:

Can a Beiniemy fan please tell me why you want him here?

I wouldn't necessarily call myself a fan of any of our current choices, but I can tell you that what I read about Eric Bieniemy that gives me the most positive feelings is that he's super intelligent.

Ron wasn't a complete moron, but he wasn't exactly a genius either. He was always playing checkers while smarter coaches were playing chess. I don't feel like Bieniemy would put us in that situation.

4 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

I wouldn't necessarily call myself a fan of any of our current choices, but I can tell you that what I read about Eric Bieniemy that gives me the most positive feelings is that he's super intelligent.

Ron wasn't a complete moron, but he wasn't exactly a genius either. He was always playing checkers while smarter coaches were playing chess. I don't feel like Bieniemy would put us in that situation.

Based on what, some press conferences on YouTube and hearsay from his Panthers interview?  Sorry, I need to be reassured a little more than that, like a solid track record for starters.

11 minutes ago, 45catfan said:

Based on what, some press conferences on YouTube and hearsay from his Panthers interview?  Sorry, I need to be reassured a little more than that, like a solid track record for starters.

Based on Andy Reid talking about how he can memorize 200 plays a week in their game plan, for one.

Person and Rodrigue's article profiling the four candidates has a lot of information about him as well. 

2 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

Based on Andy Reid talking about how he can memorize 200 plays a week in their game plan, for one.

Person and Rodrigue's article profiling the four candidates has a lot of information about him as well. 

I don't doubt that Andy really likes the guy, but are you at all surprised he's talking up one of his understudies that is being mentioned for a HC opening?  Only egotistical control freaks hold back people.  This applies to the corporate world as well because I've both scenarios play out many times.

1 minute ago, 45catfan said:

I don't doubt that Andy really likes the guy, but are you at all surprised he's talking up one of his understudies that is being mentioned for a HC opening?  Only egotistical control freaks hold back people.  This applies to the corporate world as well because I've both scenarios play out many times.

It's one thing to just say he's great, though. Anybody can do that.

It's another to provide specific reasons and examples why.

And it's not just Reid.

2 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

It's one thing to just say he's great, though. Anybody can do that.

It's another to provide specific reasons and examples why.

And it's not just Reid.

I'm a track record guy.  I'm not seeing a track record and a being swell guy, well liked and by all accounts, a good supporting coach doesn't give me confidence he would be a successful HC.    We have hashed out the 1st time HCs versus retreads thing to death, but not certain a rookie can come in a gain immediate traction.  Has it happened?  Obviously it has, but again I'm all about has he proven this in the past ?  If yes, then that's who I want.

Archived