• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Looks like Rhule may target Joe Brady for OC

jb2288

2 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

There are pros and cons.

He's a smart young (in this case, really young; Newton is four months older) offensive mind and by all accounts he's made a huge difference in the LSU program. His pro experience is minimal, but he does have it and with a really good offensive system.

The concerns? He's very inexperienced, and as such, untested. How many one year wonder boys have we seen fail the test of time and consistency?

If he's the guy, and it sure sounds like he is, then I absolutely hope it works. 

It's not happening and he is too young with no experience. The way Tepper is going about this is going to backfire. Hell maybe he wants it to so fans quit coming to games and he can move the team. You can poo all you want but this isn't going to end well.

1 minute ago, Mr. Scot said:

Bill Voth certainly seems to be.

The worry to me is he is working with a phenomenal QB and a Wr group I haven't seen before at one school. That alone typically can make any offensive coordinator or playcaller look good. I want Brady and I am willing to take the risk but the worry is he is a product of having an uber talented group on offense.

5 minutes ago, Varking said:

The worry to me is he is working with a phenomenal QB and a Wr group I haven't seen before at one school. That alone typically can make any offensive coordinator or playcaller look good. I want Brady and I am willing to take the risk but the worry is he is a product of having an uber talented group on offense.

You can say that about pretty much every coach getting a promotion. You can't discredit the coaching for making them look that good either. It goes both ways

10 minutes ago, steven8989 said:

It's not happening and he is too young with no experience. The way Tepper is going about this is going to backfire. Hell maybe he wants it to so fans quit coming to games and he can move the team. You can poo all you want but this isn't going to end well.

7405A1A0-4021-462E-A5F4-F31CE8F66BA0.png.1bab57653bea14332c0c867e42830548.png

Just now, Daddy_Uncle said:

You can say that about pretty much every coach getting a promotion. You can't discredit the coaching for making them look that good either. It goes both ways

Again, I want Brady. I think he is worth taking a chance on. We are watching a CFB Championship game where every WR on LSU is getting yards of separation and can seemingly run past the DB on every single play without much issue. It isn't like Brady went to FSU and turned them from a bottom 20 offense to top 20. The QB, RB, 3 WRs, 1 TE and probably a couple OLineman he is coaching are going to be pros shortly. The squad was due for a breakout season this year.

His coaching definitely helped. I am not denying that.

11 minutes ago, Varking said:

It's fair to say he'll be working with a more talented roster overall next year, though not necessarily a great quarterback depending on how that situation goes.

He'll be working against significantly more talented opponents as well.

2 minutes ago, Daddy_Uncle said:

This. Plus it’s not like he inherited Trevor Lawrence. If I recall correctly Burrows heisman odds coming into the season were like 200:1. I’m not saying it’s all Brady either just pointing out that it was hardly a sure thing LSU would be an offensive juggernaut. 

Archived