• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Panthers Hire Samir Suleiman From Steelers To Be Their Capologist

bobsfoodbasics

24 minutes ago, ChibCU said:

Ah, so you are a blind homer with irrational hatred towards a college athletics program. You must be so annoying to your friends and family. Thanksgiving dinner and someone is talking about their son's soccer match and you blurt out saying something incoherent about Duke's soccer players being spoiled kids from New Jersey.

Take a deep breath, man. It's sports.

20 minutes ago, Moo Daeng said:

You are exactly like all the 3rd grade UNC fans from my childhood that made the hate their athletics so much. The difference is the rest of us grew up. You are still the annoying third  grade Tarheel fan who spells the other ACC teams in a funny way.  

We are discussing the new hire of the Panthers . Keep your juvenile UNC fetish out of it 

Gotta love rape apologist dook fans.

Not to derail the thread...

But I find it amusing that those who often criticize those who pee on one another in sexual acts somehow are better at math as they calculate trajectory and from standing to receiving.  These aren't always the people that can translate these math skills to NFL contracts and negotiations. 

Again, let's not derail it because I brought it up and keep, constantly typing about it. 

Who pees?

9 hours ago, 1of10Charnatives said:

So now you are the arbiter of what is and is not open for discussion in a given thread. Forgive me I didn’t get the memo you were made a mod. 

Congrats.

Or are you perhaps just deciding comments you don’t like are unwarranted because you don’t like them?

I think what he means is that no one brought up race here before you did. Which is why it was unwarranted. If a huddle made some sort of off color racist comment on the Sulieman signing then I'd get bringing it up.

You're entitled to whatever opinion you choose. It is a free country.  From an observer's perspective it looks like you made this thread about race when this thread wasnt about race. It was about the merits of Samir Sulieman as a good hire based upon his track record. If that isnt a good conversation to have instead of race I'm not sure how people can get past it.

1 hour ago, King K. Rhule said:

lol ok Im actually a different person, but if you wanna think of me as an alt to a guy who post here daily and has for quite some time then be my guest.

Nothing says “I’m a different person from the guy you think I’m the alt of” than mentioning you’re aware that the other guy posts daily and has for a long time even though you only joined this month.

11 hours ago, bobsfoodbasics said:

holy poo LOL

Suleiman has been with the Steelers since 2013, and he has a rather interesting history in the league.

He filed a grievance against the Browns in 2009, and was reprimanded by the Rams for leaving a threatening message on the voicemail of then-local newspaper columnist Bernie Miklasz. After a report that he was stabbing former coach Mike Martz in the back. Suleiman left Miklasz message that said: “Tell your source I’m not a back-stabber, I’m a f–king throat-slasher, and he’ll know the difference before it’s all said and done.”

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2020/01/20/report-panthers-hire-samir-suleiman-from-steelers/

episode 7 i like this guy GIF by Star Wars

5 minutes ago, TheMaulClaw said:

I think what he means is that no one brought up race here before you did. Which is why it was unwarranted. If a huddle made some sort of off color racist comment on the Sulieman signing then I'd get bringing it up.

You're entitled to whatever opinion you choose. It is a free country.  From an observer's perspective it looks like you made this thread about race when this thread wasnt about race. It was about the merits of Samir Sulieman as a good hire based upon his track record. If that isnt a good conversation to have instead of race I'm not sure how people can get past it.

Clearly it’s a comment I shouldn’t have made because it’s dragged the focus way off where it should have been. It was an offhand throwaway thought that had I realized would generate so much angst I would not have made. It was not my intent to hijack, hence the qualifier at the beginning. I do find it amusing at how righteously indignant some folks like to be at this particular off topic comment as if it is either the first threadjack or discussion of race here. *eyeroll*

I made one comment and anyone who didn’t care for that comment could easily have continued the conversation on the merits of the hire. Instead various parties decided it was more important to take me to task for things that happen here with the regularity of bad Browns decisions.

How very reactionary of them.

10 minutes ago, 1of10Charnatives said:

Clearly it’s a comment I shouldn’t have made because it’s dragged the focus way off where it should have been. It was an offhand throwaway thought that had I realized would generate so much angst I would not have made. It was not my intent to hijack, hence the qualifier at the beginning. I do find it amusing at how righteously indignant some folks like to be at this particular off topic comment as if it is either the first threadjack or discussion of race here. *eyeroll*

I made one comment and anyone who didn’t care for that comment could easily have continued the conversation on the merits of the hire. Instead various parties decided it was more important to take me to task for things that happen here with the regularity of bad Browns decisions.

How very reactionary of them.

In my experience pre qualifiers arent designed to prevent but instead telegraph what's about to happen. Just my opinion. 

I've never had someone say "I dont mean to be a dick but..." without immediately following it with a dick statement. They're actually saying..."I'm about to be a dick."  Not saying you're a dick btw...I'm just speaking to the nature of qualifiers.

1 minute ago, TheMaulClaw said:

In my experience pre qualifiers arent designed to prevent but instead telegraph what's about to happen. Just my opinion. 

I've never had someone say "I dont mean to be a dick but..." without immediately following it with a dick statement.  Not saying you're a dick btw...I'm just speaking to the nature of qualifiers.

Fair enough. Feel free to review my posting history and see if you feel I’m the sort of poster who likes to incite divisive or controversial topics or makes it a habit of intentionally threadjacking topics away from solid discussion. I feel pretty confident in the conclusion any fair minded person would come to on that point.

13 minutes ago, 1of10Charnatives said:

Fair enough. Feel free to review my posting history and see if you feel I’m the sort of poster who likes to incite divisive or controversial topics or makes it a habit of intentionally threadjacking topics away from solid discussion. I feel pretty confident in the conclusion any fair minded person would come to on that point.

Nah I don't feel that way. Let's move on and be cool. Sulieman is a good hire.

Archived