• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Cam Newton throwing some passes

ellis

5 minutes ago, GoPanthers123 said:

I think Cam and Allen will compete, let the best QB win.   This is how it has to be because Cam didn’t look good enough in two games in 2019 and neither did Allen towards the end of the season. 

The difference between "not looking good enough" in weeks 1 and 2 versus the end of the season is we were actually in it to possibly win both those early games even with a seriously hobbled Cam Newton behind the same OL the other two quarterbacks worked behind. To finish the season we were quite literally just watching teams blow the doors off us, and not big contenders either, two win teams in the Falcons and later Washington. There's low, and then there's worse than even the Browns and Bengals low. That's sadly where we were by seasons end, we just have to be honest about that.

11 minutes ago, GoPanthers123 said:

I think Cam and Allen will compete, let the best QB win.   This is how it has to be because Cam didn’t look good enough in two games in 2019 and neither did Allen towards the end of the season. 

If it's between cam and Allen, I can give you a spoiler alert who will win that battle

3 hours ago, ellis said:

Not much. But nice to see him throwing it around again. If this is old news here, y’all can delete the thread. 

I like his spiral/motion. Seems a lot better than we’ve seen since his shoulder was fugged. Still high though. He’s gotta bring his motion down. 

2 hours ago, MHS831 said:

The divide really is childish---if you have to put things in one of two boxes to understand, the complexities of a mixed emotion is lost on you.  

The people who love Cam see his tremendous talent and athleticism.  They see his leadership, his philanthropy, and his accolades.  They do not see getting rid of him based on what he has done and still might be able to do for this team if healthy.  They think he can return to form with a good OL. 

There are no haters.  There are people who think Cam's window is closing or is closed.  He is a banged up running QB who did not really change his game the way Steve Young, Randall Cunningham, and a few others did. They are concerned that he is making $20m per season and he really could not play much or well for the last 2 seasons.  Now rested, can he put together one good season?  If so, what will his contract demands be in 2021?  He has taken a beating.  Is there much left he can offer?  Can you build a team around that player?  That is not hate--it is what GMs do every day with popular players. 

You’re delusional 

3 minutes ago, AceBoogie said:

You’re delusional 

The fact that people are giving him pie for that post after witnessing this franchise tumble to the cellar of the divison and the conference tells me there are definitely some fans still seething over the fact Kyle Allen wasn't actually Tom Brady 2.0.

2 hours ago, MHS831 said:

When I saw some of the names on this thread, I thought it would be interesting to post something that is logical and makes sense--just to see the reaction.  I guess making computers simple to operate and the internet affordable has its down side.  Red just got mad and called names because someone tried to explain the reality of the Cam dilemma.  He got mad because it was not divisive, so he called names.  Like a toddler in the sandbox.  And a few other people who find personal attacks to be relevant liked it, because they too lack the ability to analyze objectively and support childish antics like the little pussies behind the school yard bully, hoping their favor saves their own asses from being kicked. 

It’s not the reality. The reality is that there are people on this board and in this fan base that don’t like Cam because he’s a black QB and he’s not Russell Wilson black or RG3 black. And if you don’t see that maybe it’s you living in the bubble. 

Archived