• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Team Outlook: 2021

bLACKpANTHER

UNDER CONTRACT:
PG: Rozier - Graham
SG: Monk - ???
SF: Bridges - Martin
PF: Washington - ???
C: Zeller - ???

TEAM NEEDS:
1a. SG
1b. PF/C
3. Wing Shooters
4. Everything - no centerpiece (Allstar potential) to build around

What Do We Have:
1. We have a PG or 2 in Rozier/Graham.. If we want to pair the 2 in the back court we can but we can also ship one out for assets.
2. We have a decent PF in Washington but not Allstar potential - IMO - so essentially a good building block.
3. We have a decent all around wing player in Bridges. Not sure if Allstar potential but still evaluating...
4. We have a decent Center in Zeller but not in future plans - IMO. Can ship expiring contract for assets in offseason or at deadline.
5. We have a HUGE expiring contract in Batum that can come in handy if we want to help a team get rid of salary/draft picks at deadline.

----------------------------

I understand I'm not breaking any news but just figured it'd be nice to circle the wagons and let people comment on team needs and evaluation of current players...

I have really enjoyed watching the young guys play this year. I also LOVE the fact that we didn't trade for anybody that would have gotten us more wins. We need to embrace the fact that we are a young growing team. That is the goal. 

After Graham's hot start, he has come back to reality. Now don't get me wrong, he is a fine player but not the player who prohibits me from drafting a high potential PG. 

All Star Potential Players: PJ - I think he is probably our only player currently on the roster that can develop into an all star. He has the outside jumper, inside game and underrated athleticism. 

Trade Material: Rozier - His numbers are great but don't tell the whole story. My hope is that his numbers will garner some nice trade interest for potential assets. Even if we can't get a trade we like he is a serviceable starter. Potential Starters/Role-Players: Miles, Monk, Graham, Cody Martin - All of these guys should be role players right now. Because we aren't very good they are starters or play minutes off the bench. Miles gets a lot of flack but I think he has the potential to be a nice starter in this league. He just needs to stop settling for jumpers and be aggressive. Copy and paste that for Monk but add in playmaking ability. Graham is a fantastic distributor. His passes are what sets him apart. I don't like him in the volume shooting position that he is currently in. Cody Martin is what MKG should have been at a 2nd round price. He makes winning plays and hustle plays. When up down the stretch in a tight game, Cody Martin needs to be in the game. 

High Draft Pick 2020: Don't pick for need. Pick BPA. We don't have anybody that should cause us to overlook anybody. Yes, we have 2 PGs in Rozier and Graham but they don't have All-Star Potential IMO. The PG position is one of the most important positions so if a PG has the highest ceiling we should go for it. I know we also need another Center, but the way the league is going (Houston lineups) don't reach. Monk hasn't been the shooter we all were expecting. He is a better creator and driver than I thought but a much worse shooter. If a SG is our best available pull the trigger!

Line-Up I Want To See Start This Year for a Few Games: Graham, Monk, Cody Martin, Miles, PJ. The only this happens is if Rozier is hurt but I really would like to see how this group would do together. I know it's small but it's fast and fun. We would get hurt on the boards but since there are not many true bigs we might have a chance. I just would like to see how they would do together since they are my favorite players currently. 

So after tonight’s game, we are the 4th worst team in the league. Bad thing is that this draft is terrible. Wrong time to tank. To make it even worse, we have a lotta cap space going into a weak free agency. 

11 hours ago, MMA said:

So after tonight’s game, we are the 4th worst team in the league. Bad thing is that this draft is terrible. Wrong time to tank. To make it even worse, we have a lotta cap space going into a weak free agency. 

Is their a floor to spending in the NBA or can we roll cap space into the following year like the NFL?

3 hours ago, Ornias said:

Is their a floor to spending in the NBA or can we roll cap space into the following year like the NFL?

There is a floor - but we could just sign some scrubs or vets to 1 year deal and save the space until next year's FA class.. unfortunately, our fanbase isnt the strongest and think Jordan would want to put a legit playoff team on the floor by 2022.. so well see

I'm not holding my breath on the Hornets competing for anything of remote significance other than draft position in the next few years or so. The NBA has to address the lack of parity in the league. It will become more and more obvious as the months pass after the loss of Kobe.

29 minutes ago, bull123 said:

If we finish in bottom 4 of standings don’t we have an equal chance at #1 pick in a lottery?...is this correct?

it fluctuates by the final records of the teams at the end of the year.. When we lost the AD pick and ended up with MKG - i think we had a 25% chance of getting the #1 pick.. last year (in the Zion draft) the Knicks, Cavs and Suns all had a 14% chance of winning the #1 pick - New Orleans won it with a 6% chance

Archived