• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Bradberry Aiming for 15 mil

ncfan

2 minutes ago, Khyber53 said:

Considering everything, including the projected growth in cap, I think we should jump at the chance if we can sign him at $11-12 million. The guy is good and he has valuable experience taking on the best receivers in the NFCSouth, which may be among the best in the entire league. NO, Atlanta and Tampa all have WRs that can be in the top 6 or 7 in the league. Couple that with the QB firepower here and letting a young, dependable Bradberry go could be a terrible idea.

The idea that he could end up in another NFCSouth team working against us should be worth the investment alone to avoid that.

The fact we already have to rebuild the Dline, Lb group, and only have Djax at the CB position on the roster... Should be enough to convince most ppl this is almost a must now... 

Keep Elliott and move on. He was good on a rookie contract but would become Normanish at that price tag. The D would have to lean on him at that price tag and that's not who he is. He is a good zone CB on the field and a good guy off the field. That's it.

I personally would like to see us keep his size and add some speed & man skills to the CBs we are looking to spend that kind of money on.

Yeah, I think you have to consider our context here. We're in the NFC South and we have stud WRs coming 6 games a season minimum and those 6 games determine whether we are auto in the playoffs or not. If you can't cover Thomas, Jones, Ridley, Evans, and Godwin then you can't win. We've got Sean Payton and Bruce Arians in the division. We have to be able to cover. Therefore, you pay the price to do it. 

You don't build a team in a vacuum. We build the team to beat our opponents and the best teams in the NFCS and NFC at large. Financial priorities have to be based on that. 

5 minutes ago, WOW!! said:

This is crazy.. Ppl here act like 2016 didn't happen or we don't have the face 3 of the best WR's in the league 6x a year... I'm sorry folks I'd rather pay the going market then watch 6 games of record breaking performances..

No. People act like 2019 didn’t happen. We were a horrible defense with Bradberry(and Luke, Mario, McCoy, Boston, Poe and Irvin). But bringing back ONE player back, at a top 5 salary, is the magic fix. 

The secondary needs rebuilt anyhow. No FS, DJ struggling, Reid can’t cover anyone, No slot CBs. JB ain’t fixing all that. should have been trying to get him at 11M/yr last off-season when the team still had leverage. And tagging him is just paying money to be in the same position next year. 

Offer him this: 5 years/70M 38M guaranteed(20M signing)

2020 - 4M + 10M Guaranteed base salary(same as a tag)

2021-4M + 8M Guaranteed

2022-4M + 7M base

2023-4M + 7M base

2024-4M + 18M base. 

Same as the tag and you get reasonable salaries in 2021-23. Last year won’t matter but gets the per year “ego” number up.  

1 minute ago, Toomers said:

No. People act like 2019 didn’t happen. We were a horrible defense with Bradberry(and Luke, Mario, McCoy, Boston, Poe and Irvin). But bringing back ONE player back, at a top 5 salary, is the magic fix. 

The secondary needs rebuilt anyhow. No FS, DJ struggling, Reid can’t cover anyone, No slot CBs. JB ain’t fixing all that. should have been trying to get him at 11M/yr last off-season when the team still had leverage. And tagging him is just paying money to be in the same position next year. 

Offer him this: 5 years/70M 38M guaranteed(20M signing)

2020 - 4M + 10M Guaranteed base salary(same as a tag)

2021-4M + 8M Guaranteed

2022-4M + 7M base

2023-4M + 7M base

2024-4M + 18M base. 

Same as the tag and you get reasonable salaries in 2021-23. Last year won’t matter but gets the per year “ego” number up.  

When are we not going to need every fuging position in football.. We need oline, Dline, LB, WR, TE, and of course secondary... How about we just not field a football team at all.. 

Add fuging context to your argument...

We had a horrible defense last year due to the fact we couldn't stop teams from running the ball down our throats... Not stop the run effected everything else on defense... The secondary was actually solid.. 

11 minutes ago, Waldo said:

Keep Elliott and move on. He was good on a rookie contract but would become Normanish at that price tag. The D would have to lean on him at that price tag and that's not who he is. He is a good zone CB on the field and a good guy off the field. That's it.

I personally would like to see us keep his size and add some speed & man skills to the CBs we are looking to spend that kind of money on.

Elliot is not a outside CB.. And you still have to pay him and Cockrell to come back..

At some point you have to pay somebody...

4 minutes ago, WOW!! said:

When are we not going to need every fuging position in football.. We need oline, Dline, LB, WR, TE, and of course secondary... How about we just not field a football team at all.. 

Add fuging context to your argument...

We had a horrible defense last year due to the fact we couldn't stop teams from running the ball down our throats... Not stop the run effected everything else on defense... The secondary was actually solid.. 

So what’s your plan then. I laid out a reasonable contract offer. What else did you want? Your context is throwing away 15M with a tag, and we would still have the same crap defense. Your only context is to keep citing 2016 like it’s relevant. We were coming off a SB then. We just finished on a 7game losing streak, with a horrible defense, that is losing a lot of other players. The team(or at least the DEFENSE) Is in a complete rebuild(or should be). That’s the context. Totally different situations. 

3 minutes ago, WOW!! said:

Elliot is not a outside CB.. And you still have to pay him and Cockrell to come back..

At some point you have to pay somebody...

Pay the cheaper guys and let them compete. I can't reasonably expect a good D next year, way to many holes. I would like to see a much better D, which is attainable. Use that cash to pickup a FA mid tier. Look for something better in the draft the next few years hard. Use cash this year for D lineman midtier also. Better all around right there. Bringing Bradbury back at that price doesn't make us that much better, it just fills a hole, one one many. Same with Boston. If we are just filling holes, we can do that with midtwar guys that have easier to replace contracts.

Bill Belicheck let defensive stalwarts leave in their prime due to money.  We're talking dudes like Lawyer Milloy and Richard Seymour.  Who is this James Bradberry we speaking of?  Come on!  And we are in re-building mode.  Shoot, let him walk.  I'm not even willing to pay this guy 10 million.  At least people were afraid to throw Josh Norman's way.  Ain't nobody was scared of Bradberry coming into games.  This is ridiculous.

2 minutes ago, Toomers said:

So what’s your plan then. I laid out a reasonable contract offer. What else did you want? Your context is throwing away 15M with a tag, and we would still have the same crap defense. Your only context is to keep citing 2016 like it’s relevant. We were coming off a SB then. We just finished on a 7game losing streak, with a horrible defense, that is losing a lot of other players. The team(or at least the DEFENSE) Is in a complete rebuild(or should be). That’s the context. Totally different situations. 

My plan is not to rebuild the whole fuging defense... We've already lost alot in this transition already.. A new coach should have some things he can depend on and not have to build everything from scratch when he comes in.. Bradberry is worth the money.. He 27 so he still has 5 to 6 solid years left and he has already shown "consistently" he can shut down some of the games elite WR... We have 1 CB on the roster now and he was benched a few times last year... So we truly have no quality starters at the position already... Sooner or later you have to pay some of your home grown talent.. We already have enough poo to build in this transition... We should atleast try to keep something that is solid on this team...

Archived