• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Panthers Are Trading OL Trai Turner To LAC For LT Russell Okung

bobsfoodbasics

Okung  signed a four-year, $53 million contract with the Chargers that included $25 million guaranteed. He stands to make a base salary of $13 million in 2020. 

Okung has one year left on his deal with a base salary of $13 million. Despite missing a number of games in 2019, he was a key member of the Chargers’ offensive line and his absence following a pulmonary condition was severely felt

In 2019, Okung started six games for the Chargers at left tackle. While he did not play enough snaps to qualify, his 62.4 rating by Pro Football Focus would have rated him as the No. 55 offensive tackle out of 82 qualifying players.

2 minutes ago, JawnyBlaze said:

I’m all for trading mid to low picks for solid players. They’re if he can start at LT and be decent, it’s likely better than we’d get out of a 4th+ pick anyway, probably even a 3rd. 

He’s not who we want starting. And I don’t see him resigning (certainly hope not) Would rather have the picks, even a 5th. I’m fine doing this if we are sending a player we aren’t planning to keep around though. Especially if it helps us free up cap space next season 

Archived