• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Bradberry

No. This trade saves us a little over $7M over two years. Trading Turner for a pick or releasing him would have saved $20M. This wasn’t done to clear cap for any big deals. It’s a little better over two years but for this year it’s actually worse by a lot. It’s 2021 where we save by not having Turner. If Okung plays well great, but it doesn’t seem like it will help Little develop at all. 

3 minutes ago, stbugs said:

No. This trade saves us a little over $7M. Trading Turner for a pick or releasing him saved $20M. This wasn’t done to clear cap for any big deals. It’s a little better but for this year it’s actually worse by a lot. It’s 2021 where we save by not having Turner. If Okung plays well great, but it doesn’t seem like it will help Little develop at all. 

Wouldn't that help us pay players long term though?

1 minute ago, Jared Patterson said:

Wouldn't that help us pay players long term though?

If that was the goal then wouldn’t $13M more be better than a one year rental of a guy who missed 10 games last year? Did we learn nothing from spending $15M on Paradis and Williams last year? I just don’t buy the cap savings and that’s why I have no clue what our objectives are.

6 minutes ago, stbugs said:

No. This trade saves us a little over $7M over two years. Trading Turner for a pick or releasing him would have saved $20M. This wasn’t done to clear cap for any big deals. It’s a little better over two years but for this year it’s actually worse by a lot. It’s 2021 where we save by not having Turner. If Okung plays well great, but it doesn’t seem like it will help Little develop at all. 

Thats an odd way to look at it.  It saves 11 mil next year not 7 over 2 years.  

1 minute ago, jfra78 said:

Thats an odd way to look at it.  It saves 11 mil next year not 7 over 2 years.  

You missed factoring in Turners salary.  It is not a salary dump if you take on 13 million. Panthers are trying their best to confuse the league and its fans. The panthers are trying hard to win and lose at the same time.  

Except all the "trust the process ones"/ your dumb lolz ones. Blind homers

Just now, Basbear said:

You missed factoring in Turners salary.  It is not a salary dump if you take on 13 million. Panthers are trying their best to confuse the league and its fans. The panthers are trying hard to win and lose at the same time.  

Except all the "trust the process ones"/ your dumb lolz ones. Blind homers

It is a salary dump for nect season, but not this.  

4 minutes ago, jfra78 said:

somewhat, but we added 3 million more this year. stbug had it right save 20 million(roughly), but added 13. If it was a effort to gain cap, just cut Turner and avoid taking on Okung at 13 million for this season.

There no guarantee Okung can play, lungs with blood clots is VERY life or death serious. Family member got that, nearly died. Had to be on oxygen 24/7 and lost 1/2 his strength. Its no joke, kills nearly 100k usa each year.

1 hour ago, jfra78 said:

Right so if we pay $3M more this year and save $10.5M next year the. We save $7.5M total over the next two years. The salary cap rolls over so whatever we don’t use this year rolls over to 2021. You don’t think about one year versus the next. The extra $3M we use this year doesn’t get rolled over like it would have if we didn’t make the trade.

If you wanted a salary dump for next year then you trade Turner for a pick. If you do that you carry over $10M you save this year and you get $20.5M next year, way more than $7.5M.

2 hours ago, stbugs said:

From your explanation above, it sounds to me that they're neither "total rebuilding" nor "win now".

Sounds like they're trying to split the baby.

Now THAT'S a tried and true formula for success.

17 hours ago, tiger7_88 said:

From your explanation above, it sounds to me that they're neither "total rebuilding" nor "win now".

Sounds like they're trying to split the baby.

Now THAT'S a tried and true formula for success.

No way Herniay can rebuild/tank AND go to the playoff in the same season....right?!?!?

Herniay- watch me 1990s GIF

To answer your question, I don't think our not extending Bradberry is because we don't think we can afford it. I think we could then and we still can now after the trade. It seems the Panthers have decided that the $15 million per year that Bradberry wants is more than we think he's worth. If he's willing to come down from that price or that market never develops for him, I don't think we would/should close the door on resigning him. I suspect though with too many teams flush with cap space and the lack of premier free agent cb options, someone will probably give him the contract he wants.

Archived