• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Corona Virus

Ja  Rhule

$1200 didn’t do much for me and the spouse we saved as much as we could paid off credit cards with the rest. I’m losing almost 2k per month with how T-mobile is decreasing pay even though I’m working retail. They got rid of hazard pay 2 months ago and aren’t even paying people that are home anymore. It’s a shame because a lot were displaced because of stores closing not because they didn’t want to work. I’m at a point where I’m more than willing to take another handout. I usually wouldn’t want one but I don’t want to have to use my credit cards or be late on rent or mortgage payments etc. The most baffling part of how long its taking to pass a new bill or even come out with one that helps the people affected first is the disconnect that is blatantly obvious from that tier of government officials from the people. 

• Beer 1

4 minutes ago, stirs said:

Dude, I literally was about to post the same article!  A vaccine is the best hope for people too afraid to leave their house.  No cure for the common cold, but now we need a cure for this?  The Hong Kong flu is still around by the way, it's influenza 'A'.

There is speculation the bad 'flu' bug that went around in December was the first wave of COVID-19.  It was probably here a month earlier than we realize and the deadly 'second wave' everyone is dreading is actually what we are working our way though now.  If this is like previous pandemics, the first and third waves are milder in terms or deaths. There's hope by next spring after enduring the 3rd wave that most of the populace has created the antibodies to fight of the worst effects of this virus.  The key is getting the economy back open, exposing folks in the summer while the virus is at it's weakest, getting 'herd' antibodies build up before winter arrives.

• Pie 1

1 hour ago, Drk89Wng said:

$1200 didn’t do much for me and the spouse we saved as much as we could paid off credit cards with the rest. I’m losing almost 2k per month with how T-mobile is decreasing pay even though I’m working retail. They got rid of hazard pay 2 months ago and aren’t even paying people that are home anymore. It’s a shame because a lot were displaced because of stores closing not because they didn’t want to work. I’m at a point where I’m more than willing to take another handout. I usually wouldn’t want one but I don’t want to have to use my credit cards or be late on rent or mortgage payments etc. The most baffling part of how long its taking to pass a new bill or even come out with one that helps the people affected first is the disconnect that is blatantly obvious from that tier of government officials from the people. 

Really sorry to hear that man. I don’t understand why t-mobile couldn’t keep people on. It’s not like people are cancelling their cell phone plans in mass. 

• Pie 1

47 minutes ago, Tbe said:

Really sorry to hear that man. I don’t understand why t-mobile couldn’t keep people on. It’s not like people are cancelling their cell phone plans in mass. 

Probably a good time to shed employees since they likely need to anyway after the merger with Sprint. There are going to be a lot of stores close. Plenty of places where there's a T-Mobile store with a Sprint store basically or literally across the street.

26 minutes ago, Paa Langfart said:

This has killed  almost and according to some people more Americans in 3 months than the " kong flu" did in 2 years and this is just thus far when for the last 2 months things were pretty much shut down.  But don't let facts get in the way.

True, but the US population has doubled since then. I’m sure Covid is worse if for no other reason than we have more elderly, obese and denser cities.

15 minutes ago, Tbe said:

True, but the US population has doubled since then. I’m sure Covid is worse if for no other reason than we have more elderly, obese and denser cities.

The second wave hasn't hit either. The second wave of the Hong Kong flu was much worse than the first.

14 hours ago, LinvilleGorge said:

The second wave hasn't hit either. The second wave of the Hong Kong flu was much worse than the first.

China is already dealing with their second wave as of now. In northern China this time. SK is having some micro pop ups around... oh ya who would have thought, places where people gather.