• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Corona Virus

Ja  Rhule

1 hour ago, electro's horse said:

Hydroxychloroquine does nothing. its MOA in wherever it's used is to stop viral reproduction. For anyone in the hospital, the damage is already done, and no ER doctors besides ones trying to get on fox news or people that have stocks. please do not try to acquire this second hand because it has some serious heart side effects and you're taking it from people who actually need it

It is not that it does nothing, they are saying it does not make the condition worse, so if you take it, it may have different effects on different people. 

5 minutes ago, Devil Doc said:

So is Cuomo, who also touted the drug until about a week ago. 

No he didnt. He gave the green light to start clinical trials of the drug. He did not promote that people should start taking it. Two very different things. 

• Pie 1

7 minutes ago, Devil Doc said:

So is Cuomo, who also touted the drug until about a week ago. 

im fine with them both being morons. cuomo only looks competent next to trump or deblasio

10 minutes ago, Devil Doc said:

It is not that it does nothing, they are saying it does not make the condition worse, so if you take it, it may have different effects on different people. 

doesn't make it better, and it does have heart associated problems. 

whats the point of taking a drug that does nothing except prolong the qt interval

Any mayor, governor, or president would be in unenviable shoes at the moment.

You have to walk the line between making people take the virus seriously and not lose hope.  Trump is not my guy, but then again, neither will Biden be my guy.  Can you imagine the daily news conferences with him at the podium?

I no longer care for the political bends to everything as I don't look at pols as my savior for everything in my life.

What Trump "says" is infinitely worse than what he does.  If he'd just come out, say thanks for being here, I give you the docs now for question and answer related to the virus.  Then, he can say, now I want to introduce the economic panel for question and answer.  That would be his best bet.  For as little respect I have for any politician, I can't pin a pandemic on one.  How they handle it can be debated, but there is a line of economy and health that has to be walked.

• Pie 2
  • Beer 1

8 minutes ago, stirs said:

You have to walk the line between making people take the virus seriously and not lose hope.  Trump is not my guy, but then again, neither will Biden be my guy.  Can you imagine the daily news conferences with him at the podium?

I no longer care for the political bends to everything as I don't look at pols as my savior for everything in my life.

What Trump "says" is infinitely worse than what he does.  If he'd just come out, say thanks for being here, I give you the docs now for question and answer related to the virus.  Then, he can say, now I want to introduce the economic panel for question and answer.  That would be his best bet.  For as little respect I have for any politician, I can't pin a pandemic on one.  How they handle it can be debated, but there is a line of economy and health that has to be walked.

I find this train of thought puzzling.  This is not about Biden. I know deflection has become the American way but lets just stay on point. Trump is the President not Biden and he screwed this up.  And what Trump says is really bad, and what he does in some cases is worse. Also what he doesn't say and do. The fact remains he was warned about this week one of January at worse. And he ignored it. And more egregious than that he tried to make it seem like the people who were sounding the alarm were stupid. Is pathetic. Lastly his action to get rid of the Pandemic team IS worse than his talk. Imagine how many lives could have been saved, jobs saved.... SMH

Edited by Bytes
  • Pie 1

2 minutes ago, Bytes said:

I find this train of thought puzzling.  This is not about Biden. I know deflection has become the American way but lets just stay on point. Trump is the President not Biden and he screwed this up.  And what Trump says is really bad, and what he does in some cases is worse. Also what he doesn't say and do. The fact remains he was warned about this week one of January at worse. And he ignored it. And more egregious than that he tried to make it seem like the people who were sounding the alarm were stupid. Is pathetic. Lastly his action to get rid of the Pandemic team IS worse than his talk. Imagine how many lives could have been saved, jobs saved.... SMH

By staying on point, you mean ragging on Trump.  Fine, have at it.  I am just pointing out the fact that most can easily dismiss Trump, but won't even fathom how Biden would be at the mic.  Fine, after November, you might get your chance to find out.

The biggest point I was making is the fact that the WORLD is experiencing this.  Not many countries have been spared.  When Trump did find out and started limiting flights from countries, the loyal opposition did just that.  So you are saying that they would have done better?  Fine, grind your ax, I just don't think a Dem nor Pub could have seen this coming, no matter what all the political opinions say.  Did not vote for Trump, nor Hillary.

Had she been in office, we would have been hit just as hard.  It's election year, so I get everyone wanting to get their side heard, I just don't agree.

• Beer 1
  • Poo 1

2 minutes ago, stirs said:

By staying on point, you mean ragging on Trump.  Fine, have at it.  I am just pointing out the fact that most can easily dismiss Trump, but won't even fathom how Biden would be at the mic.  Fine, after November, you might get your chance to find out.

The biggest point I was making is the fact that the WORLD is experiencing this.  Not many countries have been spared.  When Trump did find out and started limiting flights from countries, the loyal opposition did just that.  So you are saying that they would have done better?  Fine, grind your ax, I just don't think a Dem nor Pub could have seen this coming, no matter what all the political opinions say.  Did not vote for Trump, nor Hillary.

Had she been in office, we would have been hit just as hard.  It's election year, so I get everyone wanting to get their side heard, I just don't agree.

I didnt rag on him man I am just stating facts. And "limiting flights" was enough? Man come on. I am not going to get into conjecture about what someone else would have done. See you doing it again LOL! Deflection! Trump is President not Hillary, not Obama, Not Bush. AND PLENTY OF PEOPLE SAW THIS COMING. Experts were saying it in December. I came back from Oslo in January because of this. And I dont care who you voted for, but you sure go out of you way to defend the indefensible. 

• Pie 1
  • Poo 1

29 minutes ago, The NFL Shield At Midfield said:

stirs I have to say this new dedication to moderation you've assumed is quite inspiring, especially after the 8 years you spent screeching about Obama and how the Democrats were destroying the country every day in the Tinderbox.  Really amazing stuff.

I gave up on the country when Pubs starting spending just as much or more than Dems.  24 trillion in the hole now.  Past the point of no return.

Vote buying is not my thing

Was also not a fan of Mr Strategery

Edited by stirs
  • Pie 3
  • Beer 1

1 hour ago, stirs said:

I think Cooper is doing great, not getting bullied into hurrying the process. It's nowhere near over or even being controlled.