• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Corona Virus

Ja  Rhule

2 hours ago, CRA said:

next 2-3 weeks will likely show what the increase in numbers really means and how it will impact things going forward.  

we have a clear cut rise in numbers in a lot of places.  that alone isn't actually a bad thing.   We were doing bad and little testing.  People can finally get testing.     Which is good.   South Carolina is perfect example of this increase in COVID.  Record breaking nearly every other day for the last 1-2 weeks.   But testing is finally relatively easy to get vs prior months. 

So in the next 2-3 weeks could show that we simply are widely testing now.  High COVID numbers but no signification increase in hospitalization or deaths.  Or the next 2-3 weeks will show a real increase in hospitalization and death.   If the next few weeks show increased hospitalization and death? Well, that is going to most likely greatly impact us backwards.  If we get high COVID numbers and no real increase in death and hospitalization in the upcoming weeks...that will be good.  We can continue the march to some sort of normalcy. 

One thing to remember is that deaths lag new cases.  If new cases continue to spike with deaths either staying steady or not spiking proportionally then that lends credence to your point.

10 minutes ago, The NFL Shield At Midfield said:

Why are people talking about the President during a massive crisis.  I don't get it, could someone please explain it to me.

Well, he's set to hold a massive rally (including 17k indoors) in Tulsa, Oklahoma where cases are already currently spiking. It's pretty close to being a worst case scenario during a pandemic.

58 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

We don't know, so... LEEEEEEROY JEEEEEEEENKINS!!! it is, right?

Damn, society is dumb.

Starting to open back up is fine IMO. People refusing to wear masks or do even the most basic of prevention measures is really dumb and reckless though. Doing so as a political statement is the pinnacle of stupidity. There should be monuments built to commemorate such levels of stupidity being achieved.

Your attention span is a bit short there LG.

Basically talking about WHY people are not complying.  Not Leroy Jenkins or whatever you are talking about.

When the fear based story that people have been fed for several months does not hold water, then people will naturally make their own decisions.

I say fear based because the facts are sooooo fluid.

• Pie 1

18 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Well, he's set to hold a massive rally (including 17k indoors) in Tulsa, Oklahoma where cases are already currently spiking. It's pretty close to being a worst case scenario during a pandemic.

Does COVID differentiate between BLM and Trump?  Is one mass gathering better or worse as far as the virus?

• Beer 1

15 minutes ago, stirs said:

Your attention span is a bit short there LG.

Basically talking about WHY people are not complying.  Not Leroy Jenkins or whatever you are talking about.

When the fear based story that people have been fed for several months does not hold water, then people will naturally make their own decisions.

I say fear based because the facts are sooooo fluid.

And most people are idiots, so... here we are with numbers spiking and people not taking even the most basic of precautions.

• Beer 1

2 hours ago, raz said:

so if you get it you can get it again in 2-3 months.  that's what the latest research is suggesting.   if that's true that really sucks

I saw that article too.  It was something like, front-line workers in Wuhan were tested and it was found that 4-5% of them still had antibodies a few months out.  That's with it being thought that up to 25ish% of them might have been infected.

18 minutes ago, stirs said:

Does COVID differentiate between BLM and Trump?  Is one mass gathering better or worse as far as the virus?

I like this post because it's a tacit admission that you think it's stupid as hell to have a gigantic circle jerk right now but your gag reflex as a Republican won't let you admit it, so your first reaction is "well what about... "

But to answer your question, one of those groups thinks trying to get people to wear masks in public is a liberal conspiracy to steal their freedom.

• Pie 2
  • Beer 1
  • Flames 1

I’m curious on how I would respond if some moron (male or female) approached me and said something about being a “librul pussy” or the likes when wearing a mask out in public. Would probably laugh at them and tell them to mind their own GD business. Maybe we will find out. :thinking:

Edited by 4Corners

33 minutes ago, Ja Rhule said:

COVID cases are on huge rise... 35k new cases per day.  Brazil is averaging 60k new cases each day and their population is about 40% less than US.

Weird I thought the librul hoax would burn its self out when the temp got hot

• Pie 1