• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Corona Virus

Ja  Rhule

NY Governor Andrew Cuomo said he is working to get 9,000 hospital beds in the coming weeks. He and the governors of New Jersey and Connecticut are working together to make sure they can handle the load.

NYC mayor Bill de Blasio says he is expecting the crisis to crescendo in April or May. Everything shuts down tonight... bars, museums, libraries, movie/Broadway theaters, restaurants... the whole city is gonna go bankrupt and small businesses are doomed unless some sort of UBI stimulus or eviction postponement is put into place.

I also developed a cough/sore throat yesterday and kinda felt a fever going this morning but I'm feeling better as the day progresses. Had to get my doctor to send a note to my job, a major retail pharmacy, to make sure I don't get in trouble. My boss was urging me to come in despite my not feeling well. Corporate America, baby! You gotta love it! We also don't get paid sick leave so hopefully me and my coworkers don't get it despite doing upwards of 500+ transactions in the pharmacy every day for the past few days (MUCH higher than usual). We've almost certainly come into contact with it. In fact, the city's task force said they are suspending tracing of confirmed cases and for us to just assume we've come into contact with someone who has the virus.

We're pretty much doomed. However, funnily enough, my working for a giant corporation that I hate is saving me from financial ruin, because they'll stay open no matter what. Gotta get outta here in the next year when all this blows over though. Cannot state how pissed I am at my boss for getting mad at me for not wanting to possibly endanger my numerous elderly and immuno compromised customers.

• Pie 3
  • Beer 1

9 minutes ago, Brooklyn 3.0 said:

San Francisco mayor just issued shelter in place, lol. Don't leave your home unless for essential purpose. Errthang shut down.

Crazy times, folks.

We're getting closer and closer. Lots of incremental steps being made along the way to condition us for the coming national quarantine. I think it happens in the next 48 hours. If you need something for the next 8 weeks, better be getting it.

• Pie 1

51 minutes ago, Ja Rhule said:

France just banned all non-essential movement.  Army will be used.  Aka martial law for 2 weeks.

While younger generation disregards mass gatherings rules here in US.  

It's why bannings and martial law have to be used. If people just had the sense to listen to good advice such measures wouldn't be required. But, dumb people will be dumb and most young people are dumb about things like this. At 37 with a wife and a kid I have a completely different perspective on the world and life in general now than I did when I was say, 20. 20 year old dumbass me would probably be out there partying it up right now. 37 year old me shakes his head at such dumbasses. Wait a minute... I see some kids in my lawn I need to go yell at now.

• Pie 5
  • Beer 1

1 hour ago, Al Morgan said:

Where is this taken from? We experienced a lot of different phases, so this graph is as inaccurate as it gets

Not to mention we have 5.4 times the population that Italy does so that is going to skew that graphic. Italy's rate of infection would be considerably higher based on that data. 

23 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

It's why bannings and martial law have to be used. If people just had the sense to listen to good advice such measures wouldn't be required. But, dumb people will be dumb and most young people are dumb about things like this. At 37 with a wife and a kid I have a completely different perspective on the world and life in general now than I did when I was say, 20. 20 year old dumbass me would probably be out there partying it up right now. 37 year old me shakes his head at such dumbasses. Wait a minute... I see some kids in my lawn I need to go yell at now.

Well the data from the Chinese CDC(take that for what it's worth) indicated that 20-29 had a mortality rate of 0.2%. That kind of fits with the "won't happen to me" mentality that exists with that age range anyway. So does selfish and dumb behavior. 

• Pie 1

59 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

We're getting closer and closer. Lots of incremental steps being made along the way to condition us for the coming national quarantine. I think it happens in the next 48 hours. If you need something for the next 8 weeks, better be getting it.

And this is how it begins...........