• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Corona Virus

Ja  Rhule

41 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

If it wasn't for Utah's fuged up politics, I'd probably live there instead of CO. With that said, without the fuged up politics, Utah's cost of living would be just as high as CO's. 

I’d have to agree. Politics here are confusing because they are religious. But they’re not too bad. I mean medical marijuana, the gay/lesbian community’s, strong support and acceptance of different ethnicities are much more progressive things going on here that I feel will take the South years and years.

I came from Charlotte and the south in general is just as religious, politics too. It’s just by religions that are most socially acceptable/popular. And there is more than just one, unlike Utah.  It’s deemed the Bible Belt for a reason. I hated it. In my personal experience the south is much more religiously oppressive and general politics aren’t any better, not sure about CO. So yea politics aren’t the greatest, plenty of states I’d prefer politic wise but they’re far from the worst.

Utah, Silicon Slopes, is not far behind CO in cost of living. It’s very expensive to live here. And people say yea but it’s not Seattle or NY or CA or even CO...and I just laugh. UT does not offer what those places have, not even close...why do people compare them? Other than the tech companies SLC is much more comparable Boise. And Boise is cheap as fug.

Comparatively speaking UT is very expensive place to live for what you get. You won’t find a decent house here for less than $350k and even then your well in the low range. I still wonder what exactly I’m paying for. All in all though it’s not a bad place to live at all.

I liked CO as well. I lived there for a bit too, it’s a little more grimy than SLC, more crime issues. But it’s a bigger city, prettier and has much more to offer. More expensive though but at least there’s a reason for it.

Overall I think CO and UT are decent states to live and better than the majority.

Edited by onmyown
  • Pie 1

Just now, CaliPanthers said:

All i hear from you guys is excuses. Like you went to china town with pelosi. How do you know she didn't deleate her tweet? You think you know but you have know idea.

because every tweet you make is archived, even if its deleted, and there's no evidence she made that and deleted it. that's just a rumor that's bounced around in your fever dream infected mind. 

A Travel ban, regardless of what Trump TV told you, is not consistent with measures other countries put in place BEFORE the numbers started increasing. We are tired of excuses and blaming others--why not produce some results?  It is that simple. Are you all not tired of blaming hundreds of others for Trump's inability to do his job? (But they said he is doing a great job!) Worst president in American history by far.  Should end up in prison, like so many of his staffers.

Leaders don't point fingers.  Leaders do not NEED a TV station to spin facts for you.  Leaders do not need the support of gullible, mislead followers.  

Edited by MHS831

56 minutes ago, philit99 said:

That’s one reason. Opinionated news that masquerades as fact, has damaged our society, our way of thinking, and our country. I think opinionated news should be labeled entertainment by law, and forced to lose the “news” designation. How else can the feeble minded distinguish fact from opinion?

I think they know it is all BS, but they endorse it because it gives their hidden agendas credibility.  Every time he grabs some "emergency funding" or tax breaks, he gives the masses a taste and feeds the rich a full course meal.  These red-hatted morons praise him for the taste.  They are gas-lighted, propagandized, cult figures.  When Trump no longer needs their vote--as will be the case if he is re-elected--and if he has the support of a loyal and equally-corrupt senate (Burr from NC, for example), he won't even have to lie to his cult.  They will no longer be needed or useful. That is his pattern with everyone and everything in his miserable existence.

They know not what they do. 

• Flames 1

I suppose all the great "leaders" of the world will now step down because of the virus.

We all knew when we reached the virus peak, the political curve would start bending upward.  Very natural process.

Can't wait till all the Governors will be judged by their efforts.  Or maybe leadership only extends so far in our political biased world.

You guys are major ax grinders

I think this thread is pretty useless now.  No more 1.7 million deaths or hair on fire takes, now just the political blame games.

By the way, I think Twitter will save us all

• Pie 1

Just now, MHS831 said:

I think they know it is all BS, but they endorse it because it gives their hidden agendas credibility.  Every time he grabs some "emergency funding" or tax breaks, he gives the masses a taste and feeds the rich a full course meal.  These red-hatted morons praise him for the taste.  They are gas-lighted, propagandized, cult figures.  When Trump no longer needs their vote--as will be the case if he is re-elected--and if he has the support of a loyal and equally-corrupt senate (Burr from NC, for example), he won't even have to lie to his cult.  They will no longer be needed or useful. That is his pattern with everyone and everything in his miserable existence.

They know not what they do. 

he's already floated that burr should step down, though nothing came of it. Burr decided to refer his actions to....a committee full of his senate colleagues. 

Burr isn't running for reelection in 2022 anyway. meadows stepped down/over to trumps CoS to avoid a loss in 2020 because NC looks like it's going to be a bloodbath. He's positioning himself to grab the new vacant seat. 

If Burr goes down before 2022, Cooper gets to appoint his replacement....from the same political party. lovely little system you have there, NC. 

Thom Tillis is dead in the water. 

3 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Median home value in my CO town is $612k.

But how are wages? I know in my field CO pays much much more. Median house price in Co is 397k and Utah is 338k. Both are skyrocketing though.

But again CO has much more to offer than SLC so it make sense to me. I’d never compare SLC to Denver or Portland, Seattle etc. SLC is comparable to Boise...or De Moines...from all those cities I’ve been to. And they’re much cheaper.

It’s why I’ve kept saying I lived in Charlotte for a long time and if I wasn’t a west coast kind of person you really get GREAT value for your money there. Excellent city. Don’t know how good those guys know they have it compared to us Midwest/west coasters.