• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Enjoy Mediocrity

In the end, Cam didn't really win any more than Jake, and odds are very good in the next 20 years we'll have a QB that won more than both.  Tepper's entire fortune was built on seeing potential value where others didn't, and cultivating it.  He will do the same with this franchise, unlike the last owner who managed to backdoor his way into owning a team through actual cronyism as a former player, in an era where the costs of teams weren't yet so exorbitant that a country rube who made his money from hamburgers couldn't afford it .  

1 minute ago, MVPccaffrey said:

In the end, Cam didn't really win any more than Jake, and odds are very good in the next 20 years we'll have a QB that won more than both.  Tepper's entire fortune was built on seeing potential value where others didn't, and cultivating it.  He will do the same with this franchise, unlike the last owner who managed to backdoor his way into owning a team through actual cronyism as a former player, in an era where the costs of teams weren't yet exorbitant.  

Richardson deserves more credit as a businessman then that. 

He owned multiple successful businesses and had successfully sold enough psls to get self financing for the Panthers stadium. That was one of the major factors of us getting the team when other teams went for it. 

Richardson was an old southern dude, at some point I will cut some slack realizing he was an old fart who didn't know better after 2 heart transpalnts.

If I hear some of his crap happened in 99, I might change my tune. I wonder how his wife feels about it tbh. 

1. Of course we are going to be bad next year. We are fixing the salary cap and eating a ton of dead money. That is to be expected in a rebuild, retool, whatever you want to call it.

2. Coaches often use players that are familiar with their system as bridge players to help the team and coaches implement their new schemes. Nearly every new coach wants a player or two that’s familiar with their style/schemes.

3. Cam might be my favorite player, but there is a reason why teams aren’t blowing us up for a trade. His has a bad injury record to use $20 million on. I really do hope he can get healthy, but moving on from him is probably the right thing to do. We wasted the past two years banking on him getting healthy with nothing to show. Did he have a terrible offensive line? Yes, but that’s on the old staff. 

These next couple years may not be exciting, but they are needed to rebuild a roster that can stay competitive.

The merit of Rhule, Brady & Snow's coaching, would be to see how good or bad they'd be with what would be last season's team.

If the team was still poo, then you could blame it on players being done, it's not his team, or whatever is the fashionable excuse. By chopping and changing as much as there has been, there's no link to previous team for comparison.

People seem to be ignorant enough to buy the "rebuild" line. That's a cop out. There's no confidence that anything they do will work. That's why the current regime is crapping on about "rebuilding". In case they **** up, they can always lean back on saying "we're rebuilding".

There hasn't hasn't been any margin left for excuses.

13 hours ago, philit99 said:

It can’t be nepotism, as Tepper or Rhule haven’t hired any family members. It is cronyism if you hire your friends.

Incorrect! Let me give you the definition, using Google Dictionary! Feel free to use another dictionary if you like!

nep·o·tism

/ˈnepəˌtizəm/

Learn to pronounce

noun

the practice among those with power or influence of favoring relatives or friends, especially by giving them jobs.

"his years in office were marked by corruption and nepotism"

Similar:

favoritism

preferential treatment

keeping it in the family

the old boy network

looking after one's own

bias

partiality

partisanship

patronage

unfairness

jobs for the boys

the old school tie

Opposite:

impartiality

From Oxford

1 hour ago, top dawg said:

Incorrect! Let me give you the definition, using Google Dictionary! Feel free to use another dictionary if you like!

nep·o·tism

/ˈnepəˌtizəm/

Learn to pronounce

noun

the practice among those with power or influence of favoring relatives or friends, especially by giving them jobs.

"his years in office were marked by corruption and nepotism"

Similar:

favoritism

preferential treatment

keeping it in the family

the old boy network

looking after one's own

bias

partiality

partisanship

patronage

unfairness

jobs for the boys

the old school tie

Opposite:

impartiality

From Oxford

From Mr. Webster

7BFE9418-354C-4F68-BB73-609F2A9D2EBE.jpeg
I suppose we should define kinship? Are we really debating this? It must be a slow day..

Archived