• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Who gets signed first: Winston or Newton?

hepcat

5 minutes ago, CanadianCat said:

Except Cam. He has like 100M in the bank right now.. He can choose what he wants. 

At this point It is more like Cam is attempting to secure an invitation to an exclusive party.

The situation may change as the season unfolds, to where Cam is the bell of the ball, but right now he is on the outside looking in. 

On 3/26/2020 at 2:59 PM, CanadianCat said:

Question: Has Cam even not been a starter or the leader in the locker room?

Cam is a type A guy. If would be pretty hard for a guy who has 'always been the best' to be a back up. I especially dont see him backing up a rookie QB. 

Cam was really good to Allen but he knew he was the man when he came back. I have a hard time seeing him taking a back up role. I think he would rather just retire. I also dont see Cam wanting to sit a year out. I would not be surprised to see him retire if he doesnt get signed to a starting role. 

He sat behind The Golden Calf of Bristol

4 hours ago, Khyber53 said:

I'm beginning to think he doesn't. And some of that will be earmarked for some upcoming civil cases.

Taxes have taken at least 50% of what he’s made. I wonder what he’s made from his endorsements.

On 3/26/2020 at 5:52 PM, thefuzz said:

100% accurate.

If teams knew the shoulder could withstand a full season, he would have been traded for, now we wait.

Yesterday Delholmme went on national radio and unequivocally said going into last season there were z-e-r-o issues with Cam's shoulder.

Jake was in camp from day-1 and said Cam was throwing it all over the lot with no problems, J.D. said he was fired up about getting to call Cam's games last year.

Jake said the problems were 100% foot related and he believes Cam has a lot of good football in front of him.

Seems like Jake is better equipped to assess the situation than average joes like you and me.

Winston will sign first.  I think he's more willing to accept that he's not taken seriously as a starter anymore and will take an offer as a backup or at least a prove it deal.  I think Cam has yet to really come to grips with his situation, which is there isn't a line of suitors waving checks at him.

I truly believe he never thought he would be in this situation.

Winston because he'll more happily take a backup deal with a coach / team who will work on his mechanics and decision-making. Cam's the higher-beta signing (and perhaps more expensive) and is getting shafted by the NFLPS suspending physicals.

Honestly, if I were a GM in need of a decent QB either as a place holder or someone to coach up my next draft choice QB, then I'd trade for Andy Dalton. He's the safest bet of those left as available right now, and while you would have to trade for him, it wouldn't be for much.

Cam, you don't know if he's really healthy.

Jameis, do you really want him teaching anyone anything?

Dalton probably would have turned into a darned good QB had he gone to any team other than the Bengals. Good, not great.

On 3/26/2020 at 2:59 PM, CanadianCat said:

Question: Has Cam even not been a starter or the leader in the locker room?

Cam is a type A guy. If would be pretty hard for a guy who has 'always been the best' to be a back up. I especially dont see him backing up a rookie QB. 

Cam was really good to Allen but he knew he was the man when he came back. I have a hard time seeing him taking a back up role. I think he would rather just retire. I also dont see Cam wanting to sit a year out. I would not be surprised to see him retire if he doesnt get signed to a starting role. 

He played behind The Golden Calf of Bristol.

Archived