• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Teddy Bridgewater vs. the Field

kungfoodude

This is an interesting exercise that I was going through with a friend and decided I would try it on here. Basically a QB vs. QB comparison and who you would rather have as a QB. You can argue the points any way you like or justify it in any way(injuries, age, system, etc). Try to leave out salary just because that adds an element that is hard to account for.

Would you rather have Bridgewater or:

Josh Allen - Allen.

Fitzpatrick/Tua - I'll take Fitzpatrick/Tua(risky bet on Tua's future being the determining factor)

Jarrett Stidham - Bridgewater all day.

Sam Darnold - I'll take Darnold by a slim margin. Not that sold on him as a QB, however. 

Lamar Jackson - Jackson.

Joe Burrow - Burrow. I think he's a much better version of Bridgewater.

Baker Mayfield - Bridgewater. I just don't buy Mayfield as being anything but a below average QB. He's a mediocre version of a gunslinger.

Ben Roethlisberger - On the surface you would say Big Ben by a mile but he is coming off Tommy John surgery, so you have to question if he still has it. Still take Ben.

Deshaun Watson - Watson.

Philip Rivers - Rivers is nearing the end of his career but I'd still take Rivers at this point. 

Gardner Minshew - Bridgewater

Ryan Tannehill - Tannehill is a much more talented QB but the flashes have been few and far between. The best version of him is better than Bridgewater just doesn't show it enough. I'll take Bridgewater.

Drew Lock - Bridgewater.

Patrick Mahomes - Mahomes.

Derek Carr - Carr but not by a wide margin. 

Tyrod Taylor/Justin Herbert - Bridgewater

Dak Prescott - Prescott may be overrated but he is still a superior QB. Prescott.

Daniel Jones - This is tough. Jones took a lot of lumps as a rookie and the talent is there. Just not sure I believe in him. Bridgewater.

Carson Wentz - Wentz, even with injuries his ceiling is so high.

Dwayne Haskins/Kyle Allen - Bridgewater.

Nick Foles/Mitch Trubisky - This is tough. I generally like Foles a little better than Bridgewater but I would take Bridgewater over Trubisky. 

Matt Stafford - Stafford.

Aaron Rodgers - Rodgers.

Kirk Cousins - Given Cousins giant choking problems, you would think this might be competitive but Cousins has led the Vikings to a decent amount of success. Cousins.

Matt Ryan - Ryan.

Drew Brees - Brees.

Tom Brady - Even being washed up, Brady.

Kylar Murray - Eh....I am not a huge Murray fan but his upside is intriguing. Murray by an edge.

Jared Goff - Goff just strikes me as an average QB playing in a great offensive situation. I'd take Teddy but not by much. 

Jimmy Garappolo - Garappolo is another above average QB. I'd take him over Bridgewater.

Russell Wilson - Wilson. 

Without question: Jackson, Watson, Mahomes and Murray.

Grudgingly: Rogers, Willson, Ryan and Brees. Dislike but too good to not admit in comparison.

With questions and conditions: Jones, Brady, Rothrapist and Rivers. One promising and 3 quickly decling has beens with still more upside.

The rest are guys like Ted that I would just prey it passes quickly and we can find a franchise QB again.

Just now, mrcompletely11 said:

I dont think he can put the team on his back and win games.  I am pretty sure he is just a cog in the wheel and I honestly dont think he holds up for the majority of the season

Yeah, he's a pretty classic game manager and a pretty decent one. 

2 minutes ago, Waldo said:

Without question: Jackson, Watson, Mahomes and Murray.

Grudgingly: Rogers, Willson, Ryan and Brees. Dislike but too good to not admit in comparison.

With questions and conditions: Jones, Brady, Rothrapist and Rivers. One promising and 3 quickly decling has beens with still more upside.

The rest are guys like Ted that I would just prey it passes quickly and we can find a franchise QB again.

You'd take Teddy over Stafford or Wentz?

4 minutes ago, Panthera onca said:

Teddy and Stafford and Wentz are all JAGS. Interchangeable parts. Teddy will be fine with the new system. All he has to do is get the ball to our weapons.

Why do you say Stafford and Wentz are JAGS?

5 minutes ago, JawnyBlaze said:

There are around 3 teams whose QB situation I wouldn’t take over ours. Jacksonville, Washington, maybe Chicago. 

Trubisky is being treated unfairly and management isn’t helping him one bit. Their entire offense is garbage. I’d love to see the Panthers pick up Mitchell. 

Archived