• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Season opener

pantherdad

10 minutes ago, KSpan said:

I live in KC and this might be the first Panthers game I don't make it to here in KC. There've only been 4 of them over the years, including the preseason game in 1997, but if that's the case the prices will be exorbitant. My brother lives in Denver and when we were talking about the season opener in '16 the tickets were like $600 each.

I went to the one in Arrowhead 2004, we won that game, I remember  Foster had an awesome game. That’s when Smitty got hurt in the opener that year. My wife’s family is from Lawrence KS, so we made that game that year while we were visiting 

4 minutes ago, pantherdad said:

I went to the one in Arrowhead 2004, we won that game, I remember  Foster had an awesome game. That’s when Rouen was our punter, and smitty got hurt in the opener that year. My wife’s family is from Lawrence KS, so we made that game that year while we were visiting 

I took my dad to that one... it was hot. Foster did have a great day, Jake had the spinning BS TD throw to Mangum, and Gamble had the game-sealing interception in the 4th quarter. Colbert looked so promising that year too.

1 minute ago, KSpan said:

I took my dad to that one... it was hot. Foster did have a great day, Jake had the spinning BS TD throw to Mangum, and Gamble had the game-sealing interception in the 4th quarter. Colbert looked so promising that year too.

I stand corrected, we still had Sauerbrun, picked up Rouen after that

Yea we’d get annihilated even worse than if we play them mid season.  This lack of practice and chemistry building will impact a team like ours much more than a team that’s already been pumping on all cylinders like the chiefs. 

30 minutes ago, JawnyBlaze said:

Yea we’d get annihilated even worse than if we play them mid season.  This lack of practice and chemistry building will impact a team like ours much more than a team that’s already been pumping on all cylinders like the chiefs. 

I think the only positive thing is, first game of the year, every team should be on an even playing field with the lack of practice and all this other stuff that’s going around

1 hour ago, KSpan said:

I live in KC and, if true, this might make it the first Panthers game I don't make it to here in town. There've only been 4 of them over the years, including the preseason game in 1997, but if that's the case the prices will be exorbitant. My brother lives in Denver and when we were talking about the season opener in '16 the tickets were like $600 each.

I’ll be coming up from Wichita if I can. 

10 minutes ago, pantherdad said:

I think the only positive thing is, first game of the year, every team should be on an even playing field with the lack of practice and all this other stuff that’s going around

Usually that’s true, and even gives a chance to steal a victory to a lesser team, like we almost did against the Rams last year. But in this case, with new coaches and schemes and a severe downgrade at QB learning the new system and all, it’s an even bigger handicap for us than other teams without practice. 

1 minute ago, JawnyBlaze said:

Usually that’s true, and even gives a chance to steal a victory to a lesser team, like we almost did against the Rams last year. But in this case, with new coaches and schemes and a severe downgrade at QB learning the new system and all, it’s an even bigger handicap for us than other teams without practice. 

Just from your opinion, do you think it’ll be a totally difficult system for TB to learn, given that Brady may be bringing some similar nuances from his time with the Saints? Or will it be a more simplified college spread offense?

1 hour ago, pantherdad said:

I’ve been told this by a person on the Chiefs side whom I’ve known for years and is very reliable. 
He told me I could take this news to the bank with interest, he was that sure. 
If this doesn’t happen, I will gladly ban myself from the huddle for all of eternity

the sandlot GIF

1 hour ago, PantherFanInPhilly said:

I saw this on a Panthers FB group as well so it's definitely the rumor going around. If so, that should set the "tone" nicely for the season. 

This is exactly what I said. This would be the perfect opener for us in our quest to land Lawrence!

6 minutes ago, pantherdad said:

Just from your opinion, do you think it’ll be a totally difficult system for TB to learn, given that Brady may be bringing some similar nuances from his time with the Saints? Or will it be a more simplified college spread offense?

Just in my opinion, it’ll be easier for him than a young QB that didn’t play in his system before, for sure. And I think Brady will adjust it to help the transition. But it still will be more difficult than for Mahomes, for example, who isn’t learning a new system. 

Archived