• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

So what’s going to happen if a player tests positive during “season”

LegioX

5 minutes ago, The NFL Shield At Midfield said:

Most FBS programs actually lose money on athletics so the margins were already thin.  Without those gate receipts they're screwed.

Yep. It’s gonna be tough for a lot of programs. Wouldn’t surprise me to see small, garbage programs like James Madison and EZU go under. 

2 hours ago, AndrewLaskoski said:

If I'm remembering correctly the Bucs had an issue with MRSA a few years back. I'd assume it'd be similar to what happened there. A lot more attention to cleaning, hope only a small percentage test positive, and proceed cautiously. The NFL is too big to just cancel the season without at least trying. It's just like any other business dealing with risk. NFL will try lowering costs elsewhere so those funds can be put towards addressing the risk that is COVID-19.

MRSA is a staph infection not COVID virus.

i want a season really bad. it's one of my favorite times of the year. but i just dont see how it's possible given how things are right now. that could change in months i dont know.

you'd have to test players and coaches and all people working in organizations everyday, and those people's families and what are they doing throughout the day? think about if andy reid caught covid 19. there would be a strong chance last years super bowl winning coach could end up in the hospital.

you can't just test before games because all of these people interact with each other and their families throughout the week. and this poo spreads like wildfire you'd end up with a majority of a team getting the virus in that week and that would end up cancelling the game. 

31 minutes ago, trueblade said:

I don't think college football with be cancelled soon. Not saying that it won't be cancelled eventually, but every AD I've heard interviewed (Arkansas, USC (SC), UT-Knox, and Alabama) is still optimistic and planning on things going forward. This morning Alabama's AD said they still plan for their game with USC (CA) to happen.

The entire UC system will be closed this fall. It was announced this week.

Where are those players going to live and play if the campus is closed?

The biggest issue the NFL faces is that a good chunk of their regular season and all of their postseason occurs during peak cold/flu season. If we get hit by a second wave of COVID this fall (*Morgan Freeman narrator voice* "We will.") it will crank back up during the NFL season.

1 hour ago, Daddy_Uncle said:

Fauci said if they even have a season, everyone will have to be tested before each game 

Don’t trust a word that rat weasel Fauci says. I’m still waiting for Armageddon to happen to Georgia for re opening too early, been nealy 3 weeks now and disaster didn’t ensue

13 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

The biggest issue the NFL faces is that a good chunk of their regular season and all of their postseason occurs during peak cold/flu season. If we get hit by a second wave of COVID this fall (*Morgan Freeman narrator voice* "We will.") it will crank back up during the NFL season.

Ahh the all but guaranteed ‘2nd wave’ Just like it was all but guaranteed that FL would be the next Spain because of its elderly population? Or my personal favorite, GA becoming the next NY for reopening too early. These “experts’ have been wrong every step of the way, why believe them now.

2 minutes ago, PanthersNC1984 said:

Ahh the all but guaranteed ‘2nd wave’ Just like it was all but guaranteed that FL would be the next Spain because of its elderly population? Or my personal favorite, GA becoming the next NY for reopening too early. These “experts’ have been wrong every step of the way, why believe them now.

Go ahead and go about life as normal without wearing a mask and no efforts to socially distance. Encourage others to do the same. See what happens.

The reason they don't want to come out and flat out say that we're going to see a lull over the summer because COVID-19 is significantly less contagious in warmer weather is because we NEED that lull to actually happen and to get it we need people not to be idiots. We need people to wears masks and we need them to practice social distancing. If we don't get that lull over the summer, next fall and winter are gonna be ugly. It's kind of like how early on they were saying wearing masks won't help. It was to be able to better secure supplies of masks for healthcare workers who needed them a lot worse than the average person. Unfortunately, that was a mistake. You don't do yourself any favors by telling outright lies like that and while the reasoning behind it was a good strategy (preserve PPE equipment for healthcare workers), the execution of it (flat out lying) wasn't thought out well at all.

5 minutes ago, PanthersNC1984 said:

This is an idiotic and reckless post. Some people might even call it - donkey brained.  

10 minutes ago, PanthersNC1984 said:

Don’t trust a word that rat weasel Fauci says. I’m still waiting for Armageddon to happen to Georgia for re opening too early, been nealy 3 weeks now and disaster didn’t ensue

85k dead Americans. The economy is in the toilet. Also, America is divided thanks to comments, opinions, and actions of our elected officials. 

So I work in the healthcare field, specifically in the hospital. If someone tested positive they would likely be quarantined at least 14 days and be retested to make sure they cleared the infection then allowed back to work. If a player tests positive, it would only make sense than to test the rest of the team because they can be asymptomatic carriers.

My questions is, what if half of your starters tested positive. That would greatly upset the balance of teams on a weekly basis and how would fans feel about that? Imagine a fully healthy Panthers team beating  Kansas City Chiefs team with all their offensive starters out? 

10 minutes ago, 4Corners said:

85k dead Americans. The economy is in the toilet. Also, America is divided thanks to comments, opinions, and actions of our elected officials. 

10 minutes ago, 4Corners said:

85k out of 330 million, that’s a 0.0285% death rate. Say you have 20.00 and you lost 0.0285%, you would still have $19.998 left

Archived