• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

NFL to give players option to opt out for 2020

onmyown

On 7/9/2020 at 11:26 PM, kungfoodude said:

Man....what kind of coconuts do you eat?

On 7/10/2020 at 9:30 AM, kungfoodude said:

Yeah, that is flat out untrue. I have heard that myth. Diving a little deeper than the sound bite will show how hilariously inaccurate that is.

It was a piggyback off the shark stuff. Point was the public thought sharks where super killers for various reasons (Jaws, shark week, just look at that thing. etc) When they had less ten deaths per year. Vending machines kill more too, along with coconuts. In Africa everyone thinks loins, crocodiles, elephants, or some snakes would be the top killer among animals. All are wrong, the hippo owns the top spot.  

On 7/10/2020 at 12:33 AM, ladypanther said:

I have 2 sisters who have auto immune diseases. They are very active and make positive contributions  in their communities.  In the  case of one of them... ...the disease is a very severe one and her lungs are already compromised.  If she gets this this.....the likely outcome would  be devastating.  I have been terrified since the start of this.....hoping I will not get the phone call.   Not  sure how "deaths are finally under control" would comfort me or the thousands of other families who are recently experiencing a loss. 

Your comment is asinine.

Sorry about the sting for my comment and about your family with diseases. Would they also be in rough shape if either got influenza, pneumonia, or bronchitis? Yes. Not meaning to desensitize this flu but during the beginning, the majority of deaths where elderly rest home people. That made the death rate look much higher, now hospitals are much better armed to prevent deaths. That number has been greatly reduce, hence the control part. Right now using the recent numbers, its about the same as the common flu. Its a dangerous world and this just added to list now.

Ill share this. I dated good woman for 4 years. One day she was feeling sick and weak, which was not normal for at her all(plus she rarely complained about anything). She started going in and out of conscious, no more her telling me- "NO HOSPITAL". I scooped her up and broke the sound barrier en route to the hospital. Get there and its a fight, not only with the illness, but with figuring out what was the cause. I stayed with her that night and few days latter she was released. Nurses came by for weeks giving her drugs, medicine, IVs. Had reps come by and ask I bunch of questions- who, what, where, travel etc. They never found out what she had, just it was some type of flesh eating disease and only 2 others in area had it. Out of the three they never crossed paths and overall never came within miles of each other. Luckily she made a full recovery and started traveling again after being scared to do so. Doing research on the super bugs, bacteria, and diseases will humble you and make you terrified of living among these killers. Be safe.

39 minutes ago, Basbear said:

It was a piggyback off the shark stuff. Point was the public thought sharks where super killers for various reasons (Jaws, shark week, just look at that thing. etc) When they had less ten deaths per year. Vending machines kill more too, along with coconuts. In Africa everyone thinks loins, crocodiles, elephants, or some snakes would be the top killer among animals. All are wrong, the hippo owns the top spot.  

Yea that scientist who said more people die from coconuts than sharks got that quote from some travel insurance website.  While shark attacks are counted by the University of Florida, no one has actually ever done a study on deaths by coconuts.  Only reported death by coconut was in 1973, where a kid got hit in the head from falling coconut at the playground.

9 minutes ago, jfra78 said:

Yea that scientist who said more people die from coconuts than sharks got that quote from some travel insurance website.  While shark attacks are counted by the University of Florida, no one has actually ever done a study on deaths by coconuts.  Only reported death by coconut was in 1973, where a kid got hit in the head from falling coconut at the playground.

Out in Thailand and other surrounding islands coconut business is large. They use monkeys(males) cause they get around 1,600 coconuts to a humans 80. That and its much safer climbing 80 foot trees along dropping and catching the coconuts at a time. Its still dangerous catching 5 falling coconuts. The report can be debated and dont fell it would hold up in court. Point remains though, plus I bet the numbers would be higher if those coconut companies would keep correct numbers. 

9 minutes ago, Basbear said:

Out in Thailand and other surrounding islands coconut business is large. They use monkeys(males) cause they get around 1,600 coconuts to a humans 80. That and its much safer climbing 80 foot trees along dropping and catching the coconuts at a time. Its still dangerous catching 5 falling coconuts. The report can be debated and dont fell it would hold up in court. Point remains though, plus I bet the numbers would be higher if those coconut companies would keep correct numbers. 

This would be misleading.  Death by naturally falling coconut is what people are thinking, not being dropped by monkeys.  

15 minutes ago, jfra78 said:

This would be misleading.  Death by naturally falling coconut is what people are thinking, not being dropped by monkeys.  

Killed by coconut, hell choking on coconut maybe more deaths than sharks. Its semantics. 

Many people are allergic to coconut too, thats caused deaths too. 

1 hour ago, Happy Panther said:

Snopes. You think it leans one way or the other politically?

I dont believe its accurate any more. No idea on its politics, I stopped using them as a source. Its like PFF here, more or less.

On 7/10/2020 at 9:30 AM, kungfoodude said:

Yeah, that is flat out untrue. I have heard that myth. Diving a little deeper than the sound bite will show how hilariously inaccurate that is.

Lol Karen use google and stop being offended for being wrong. 

6 hours ago, Basbear said:

Yeah, the hippo thing I was aware of.

Archived