• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Shaq Thompson

CanadianCat

I am very excited about what Shaq's upcoming season. This dude is a freak athletically and I cannot wait to see his expanded role within the team. 

Shaq is still young and now no longer playing under anyone's shadow. Its his season to really step up and I have confidence he will. 

Thompson discussed life without both Davis and Kuechly on NFL Network’s “NFL Total Access” on Wednesday.

“I'm still hurting to this day about that one,” Thompson said. “I lost a great friend, a brother, just a great teammate overall. Luke taught me a lot in my five years, just playing alongside of him and just playing and just learning from him. I'm gonna go out there and try my best. Luckily, we still have him in the organization, in the office. So, he can probably come down and show us things and stuff like that.

“So, he'll still be around to help out with any questions, any football things on and off the field. So, we're glad to have him. But I gotta step up as the last linebacker [of that] trio that we had with Thomas Davis and Luke. So, I gotta step up and fill that role and be that leader.”

498319270.jpeg

Miss them as well. Especially going to miss the Luke chants and flexing around my living room like a dumbass on certain big plays he’d make..

Agree with everything Shaq said and believe he will step up. Cant do it alone though so let’s hope the D comes together sooner than later. 

3 minutes ago, CLG said:

Thats a hell no for me, Chief. Lol.

Going to be weird not having a player name to chant. Moose, Hoover, Stewart, Luke, it’s like we’ve had one every season for the past 20 years.

9 minutes ago, Smithers said:

Shaq is disrespected constantly in this board.  He would start on almost every team in the NFL.  Maybe people will respect his game more once they see Carter starting on the other side.  

yeah, no.  He is just average.  Its not disrespect its just the truth

1 minute ago, Smithers said:

Based on?  Your opinion?  Stats don’t back up your assumption.  

Stats?  My eyes dont lie.  But cool man if you think he is going to be some all pro or what not.  Nothing really stands out about him.  He was a project when he was drafted and has never developed into what they thought.  His contract is pretty nuts as well

This team has had Thomas Davis, Sam Mills, Dan Morgan, Luke Kuechly, and Jon Beason.  I think the dropoff between these names and Shaq is pretty steep---at least for now.  I am not going to dismiss him, and I am not going to crown him.  I feel that he can be good, but to those who think he is going to be the MLB, I do not see it. It would turn an above average OLB into an average to below average MLB. (I do not know if people are still saying it, but after he signed his contract, people were.)

He’s right. He’ll have to step up big time. Like...top 5 best 4-3 OLB in the league...minimum. Because that’s what his contract reflects.

Not saying he wasn’t decent, but he was never one of the best. Now he’ll have to be, he’ll have to be better than he ever was.

Frankly I don’t see it. Over and over and over again we have examples of Hurney paying big money due to desperation. Losing Luke caused an all too familiar scenario, Hurney got desperate and paid.

I’m not sure why the huge contract, it doesn’t make sense...I’ve always though Shaq has recently hit his ceiling, but according to Hurney and the contract he gave Shaq, this isn’t close to being true. Hope that’s right. Otherwise we get fuged again by Hurney and us fans who have been around a while knows damn well which is more likely.

6 minutes ago, mrcompletely11 said:

Stats?  My eyes dont lie.  But cool man if you think he is going to be some all pro or what not.  Nothing really stands out about him.  He was a project when he was drafted and has never developed into what they thought.  His contract is pretty nuts as well

Shaq had arguably his best year last season, even outplaying Luke (who admittedly had a down year).  His contract is 8Th among OLB, yet he is the youngest by far of the 7 in front of him.  People want to give Luke a pass for a terrible year because of a bad DL, bad coaching, etc.  yet Shaq had an even better year despite those things.  Shaq is not average.  He’s an above average OLB who is only 26 years old.  

5 minutes ago, MHS831 said:

This team has had Thomas Davis, Sam Mills, Dan Morgan, Luke Kuechly, and Jon Beason.  I think the dropoff between these names and Shaq is pretty steep---at least for now.  I am not going to dismiss him, and I am not going to crown him.  I feel that he can be good, but to those who think he is going to be the MLB, I do not see it. It would turn an above average OLB into an average to below average MLB. (I do not know if people are still saying it, but after he signed his contract, people were.)

Nah-he needs to stay at OLB.  Whitehead will be the MLB

Archived