• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Kenny Robinson didn’t make the 53....

rmoneyg35

I’m surprised people are talking about this more. I know lots of people including myself had high hopes for the guy. Considering the lack of talent at the position it seemed like he was going to be a lock. Now he’s on our practice squad and could be picked up by another team at any time.

if I remember correctly this guy needed money to pay for his mothers doctor bills and went to the XFL. I thought getting experience in a professional football league would have helped him more than playing in college.

maybe I was just over hyping the guy, but I’m shocked that no one is talking about this in the forum.

I'm really hopeful for him.  From what I saw of him in the XFL he looked like a legit player.  So yeah, I was both surprised and disappointed that he was cut, especially over a guy like Thomas-Oliver, who was a later pick, considered much more of a developmental prospect, and someone I hadn't heard anything about throughout camp.  

Not saying I wanted STO cut either, just saying in comparison, I was surprised by the move, but glad he's still on the PS.

Just now, LinvilleGorge said:

I was disappointed that he was cut, but at the same time I want us to keep the best football players regardless of draft position. If the UDFA outplays the 5th rounder, keep the UDFA.

There is literally almost zero difference between a 5th rounder and a UDFA. Might as well just pull names out of a hat after round 4.

25 minutes ago, Jeremy Igo said:

We have talked about it a bit in the cuts thread. 

I'm excited an undrafted kid took his spot. Tells me we have have found a real keeper. 

Robinson cleared waivers and is back on the practice squad where hopefully he improves. 

I assume your talking about the CB from ole miss?

1 hour ago, Jeremy Igo said:

We have talked about it a bit in the cuts thread. 

I'm excited an undrafted kid took his spot. Tells me we have have found a real keeper. 

Robinson cleared waivers and is back on the practice squad where hopefully he improves. 

To be fair, they kept 4 Undrafted guys. And I'm not so sure if any of these guys are "real keepers." Only time will tell if they found some diamonds in the rough. 

Just now, nctarheelreincarnated said:

To be fair, they kept 4 Undrafted guys. And I'm not so sure if any of these guys are "real keepers." Only time will tell if they found some diamonds in the rough. 

Making our roster this year in particular isn't a great indicator of being a long-term "keeper", that's for sure. 

On the flip side, failing to make our roster this year might be a really good indicator that you're quite simply not NFL caliber. I get it, some decent guys get caught up in a numbers game on some rosters with excellent depth at certain positions. I'm honestly not seeing that particular position group on this roster.

Archived